Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Snuggle/furpile get together?

Home Forums Events Snuggle/furpile get together?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    With our modern society where job security and facebook notifications seem to take most of our attention we sometimes forget what is important. As infants, touch is one of the most important things vital to our early development.

The idea of a bunch of people gathering to just cuddle and relax might seem cringey or suspicious but they’re already a thing, I’m not the first person to come up with this idea.

#47870 Quote
    Yeah. We had this at furry migration 1.0…..It……Did not turn out well. No matter the intentions, things deteriorated a bit. I’m still getting,playful, crap from other con runners to this date.
    #47872 Quote
    I agree with Kellic that it has been tried before with poor results and recommended not to do again. While the idea or intention may be good, there will always be those that cause an event to go different from what would be expected.
    #47875 Quote
    Yeppers they only had it for the first FM, drama followed though I thoroughly enjoyed it

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#47876 Quote
    I could see how people might misconstrue this as a yiffing ‘opportunity’. ^v^;
    #47877 Quote
    In the telegram groups I’m in, every time a cuddle party gets brought up it seems to be understood that it will be more than just cuddles.  And these are techie groups I’m in.  I was a little shocked the first time it got brought up (an announcement of a room at a con) but I was the only one I guess.

In any case, I reserve my snuggles for those I’m close to so not something I’d have been attending either way.

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

#47878 Quote
    The thing with a “snuggle party” is the probability of someone showing up who others aren’t comfortable with, and then you get into awkward territory real fast. I’m not assuming adult stuff. That might be an issue too, but mostly just see it as complex for the sake of knowing who is comfortable around who. You can tell certain people not to attend or turn them away at the door, but then you get into an inclusion / exclusion vibe that will cause more drama.
    #47886 Quote
    Late response, but am chiming in here too in being part of the Events Department…

This is my 2-part post and each bring up different view points…

1.  Gatherings are fun and it’s a time for people to get together, socialize, maybe do some gaming, and so on…When it comes to a gathering of this nature it can/will lead into areas of discomfort.  To elaborate more on this, some people may come into this event thinking and/or wanting more and a snuggle party turns into more of a sexually-oriented party…Then it opens the door where boundaries are pushed with not only the event, but with people.  As it was pointed out in a previous post, let’s say someone shows up that many are not comfortable with and when ‘X’ person is involved, it raises the stakes of the uncomfortable level.

2.  On my ending topic, I worry about general safety in an event like this.  I do not like to see people show up at an event and he/she cannot enjoy themselves because they feel on edge about someone else or what’s going on at an event.  Going back to the topic at hand, I do not support this as it enters that territory where safety is a concern.

Jack, I know you’ve hosted some events in the past as well and I greatly appreciate it.  You take personal time out of your own life to put together something fun for people to attend.  I look forward to seeing what future events you plan, but I can’t support the type of event like this one.

I appreciate the responses of everyone else on this as well.

Thank you!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.