Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

– Spring Soon ~ Let's Talk –

Home Forums MNFurs Discussions – Spring Soon ~ Let's Talk –

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    – HEY THERE –

Hey there, your Events fox here, let’s talk! I hope everyone had a nice break after last month’s Holiday Party.  I also hope those who attended Sunday’s Oval fur meet had fun too.

Winter is coming an end and Spring is going to be around the corner and temperatures are warming up too.  What kind of things (events) do you want to do?  Aside from the usual events which will start up again at some point *hint hint*, but what else do you want to do?

I want to hear your ideas so voice them here, don’t be afraid!  😀

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#50847 Quote
    I have an idea. Since we have the monthly oval meets and the ones every two weeks in Hopkins, we should try to have another meet in a place that’s easy to get to so we can socialize regularly. I was thinking MOA since it’s not that hard for people to reach it. And yeah, most of us know that we can’t wear our fursuits there, but again, we could use it to socialize for those of us that don’t have one and it’s a place a lot of us are familiar with. I don’t think there are an awful lot of people that can reach the meet in Hopkins due to the distance. I know I sure can’t.
    #50848 Quote
    Kamon – Thank you for your input, I like this idea and pretty much like the pre-meets I would do before the west metro meets (Hopkins meets).  This is definitely something that can become a regular outing.  We can start with the MoA and then when people want a change we could look at other venues for malls (ex. Ridgedale Center).

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#50849 Quote
    I just figured that it’s a place most people here are familiar with and it can be reached easily for a lot of people, even if they don’t drive, what with the buses and Blue Line.
    #50850 Quote

I just figured that it’s a place most people here are familiar with and it can be reached easily for a lot of people, even if they don’t drive, what with the buses and Blue Line.

Good point, thanks again Kamon!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#50851 Quote
    I had an idea the other day about having a meet at Skateville, possibly a sort of Suit n’ Skate thing. The problem is, a couple years ago I remember there being some sort of rule regarding masks or headwear. Another problem would arise in the form of stray fur or excess tail length.
    The staff at Skateville are super nice though and I’d bet they could at least try to work something out. My mother, most likely a closet furry herself, told me she thought it was an excellent idea and supports any effort made.

Equality, not superiority

#50855 Quote
    Rascal – This sounds like a fun idea, thank you for sharing your input!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#50924 Quote
    – UPDATE –

Hey there, your Events fox here!  As an update based on the couple of responses I got, I am going to work on setting up an outing at the MoA for Saturday, March 24 (next West Metro or Perkins Meet is on the 31st).  Thank you again Kamon for your suggestion.

Afterwards I am going to reach out to Skateville in Burnsville to see what I can work out.  Thanks to Rascal for this suggestion.

More events to be announced later too so stay tuned!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#50932 Quote
    If there are any other west st paul furs out there something on this side of the river would be appreciated. What with smith street high bridge down I have to drive an extra 20 minutes to get to anything on the other side and it’s a real pain.
    #50973 Quote
    H. Foxxy – In the past there was a bowling alley I hosted a round of community bowling at…Can’t remember the name off the bat, but it was right off the interstate.  This is always an option and I can explore other areas in St. Paul as well.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#50976 Quote
    if you remember the name i wouldn’t mind a bowling meet

#50992 Quote

In the past, there have been meets at Superbowl in Ramsey, just off 169 if I remember correctly

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Alucard.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Alucard.
    #50994 Quote

In the past, there have been meets at Superbowl in Ramsey, just off 169 if I remember correctly

#50996 Quote
    It’s probably a little early to be asking this but has any details been set for the spring picnic yet
    #51081 Quote
    Yes you are correct.

has any details been set for the spring picnic yet

More information will be posted about this soon.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.