Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Studio Photography – How to and open Shoot Session

Home Forums Events Studio Photography – How to and open Shoot Session

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Our community has a lot of photographers and people who are curious about getting into photography: So here is a chance to get involved and learn some basics of photography in a studio environment.  This is aimed as an introductory class/open shoot session and is provided FREE of charge.

We’ve had studio photography at a few of our bigger events (Snowpocalypse, Anime Detour and Cat Days) and always had a good turnout. For those who are interested in how it works or may want some practice for future events, this is for you :) .

The first 30-60 mins will be me going over what you need and how to position and set up a simple studio rig.  The remaining time will be letting photographers take turns and pick models to pose while I stand back and answer questions.

I’ll have a spare camera with me for those who don’t have their own equipment/want to try shooting with an SLR, etc. 

If you don’t bring your own equipment and want to shoot with mine PLEASE bring an SD or SDHC memory card.  These things are pretty cheap ($10 at Walmart, Microcenter etc).  This way you can shoot and take the photos home with you :3.

Those who do have their own cameras are encouraged to bring them. My rig will sync up to anything that has a standard hot shoe flash mount (SLRs and things like advanced point and shoots and Micro 4/3rds cameras).

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#10107 Quote
    =D sounds like fun! Good luck!
    #10122 Quote
    I would love to be there as a fursuit model. ^^
    #10149 Quote
    So far we have the following RSVPed for this:

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#10161 Quote
    What door should they walk through?  C?  The door in front of the train tracks?  Some people are asking me and I can’t explain it.  Street View shows me it’s door C though.
    #10176 Quote
    Come on, I know more of you guys out there have cameras and would like a chance to get to use them better!  This is that chance to learn. =)  Sign up! Go go go!
    #10196 Quote
    Shadow and myself will be there, I can suit if wished, sent you a notice elsewhere but not sure if you got it or not about this. 
    #10282 Quote
    Yarrick, I can assist with photography if needed.  I see that a lot of the photographers are tentative.  If you think you have enough, that’s fine too.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#10283 Quote
    Drake- If you’d like to come and watch/assist that would be great. Kae/Innova is going to be modeling so an extra set of hands to move and setup equipment is more then welcome :)

#10287 Quote
    Drake- If you’d like to come and watch/assist that would be great. Kae/Innova is going to be modeling so an extra set of hands to move and setup equipment is more then welcome :)    

#10288 Quote
    I will do my best to be there on time as I am assisting with some AD-related things prior…Hopefully I do not show up late.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#10296 Quote
    Photoshoot is this afternoon!  I am getting everything prepped right now and printing out handouts.  If you are a photographer who hasn’t RSVPED there is still time and room for this (but I’d still appreciate a heads up- I will check this before I leave). 

#10302 Quote
    Can’t wait to see the pics!
    #10337 Quote
    First round of pics (from Mouring and I) are up on the gallery! There should be more coming from the other photographers soon!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.