Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Summer Beach Party & ZePaw’s Birthday 6/15 noon @ Dick’s @ MOA

Home Forums Events Summer Beach Party & ZePaw’s Birthday 6/15 noon @ Dick’s @ MOA

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    WHAT:  Summer Beach Party & ZePaw’s birthday!

WHEN:  June 15  @ 12 noon CT

WHERE:  Dick’s Last Resort @ Mall of America  – 4th Floor SE side near the theater. 

WHY:  The last time we messed with Dick’s it was a riot and outstanding fun for all.  The restaurant loved us too, they had a lot of fun with us!  Time to do it again!

COST:  Dick’s menu ranges, please plan about $20 + tip for a full meal and drinks.  There are things cheaper, but the average full meal with drinks and such comes out to about $20.  PLEASE BE SURE TO LEAVE A GREAT TIP!  As last time, we are messing with them and will be leaving a bit of a mess to clean up, so please be kind to the wait staff!  We love them and they love us, lets keep it that way! 

PAYMENT METHOD: Cash would be preferred, as it is quick and easy, and we can have fun and leave a big pile of cash in the bucket on the beach.  However, standard payment rules apply, pay however you want.  We are not coordinating a silly payment method this time!

WHAT TO WEAR:  Again, over the top!  Beach clothing.  Swim trunks for the guys, one-piece for the ladies, cut off shorts, flip-flops, A-shirts (wife beaters) or oversized T-shirts, large straw beach hats for the ladies, some kind of fishing hat for the guys (no lures!), oversize sunglasses.  Anything and everything beach themed is perfect!  Bring a silly oversized beach towel in bright colors, suntan lotion (want to see everyone with white noses!).  PLEASE BE FUN AND CRAZY BUT BE RESPONSIBLE.  WE WILL BE IN A PUBLIC RESTAURANT, SO NO SPEEDOS OR SUCH.  You all know the rules of etiquette in a restaurant, but go crazy and have fun with it! 

WHAT CRAZY THING ARE WE DOING: This time, we will be bringing some beach sand to pour on the table.  WE ARE BEING COGNIZANT OF THE RESTAURANT THO!!!    We will bring a disposable plastic table cloth to put down on the table, and that way they can just wrap up the whole mess and toss it in one pile and not have to deal with the sand when we are done.  So yes, we’re thinking about how to have fun and still be responsible.  SO….  we will be painting a blue lake on the table cloth, and pour the sand around it like a beach.  We have a small bucket and shovel, and a few little silly beach-themed (pool, bathtub) toys, such as an ATV, a “beach-comber”, a little tug boat, and such.  All of these toys are junk $1 toys, I’m not planning on keeping any of them.

TOYS TO BRING:  if you have any SMALL beach toys, like buckets and shovels, barbie dolls (or Ken or whatever), bring those.  Remember, the toys should be sized to fit on a mock up beach at the end of the table.

If anyone has any of the following items, please let me know!:
    1.  Full size metal detectors to lean up against the table
    2.  80s style oversized boombox preferrably with a casette deck that works (plan on using batteries, I don’t know if power will be available).  Bring some 80s/90s top40 music!  Yes I know that means 8 D batteries! 
    3.  Barbie doll sized action figures to sit on the beach.  Barbie-sized accessories like lawn chairs, umbrellas, and all other beach-themed toys are perfect!
    4.  A little dog statue or 15….  to run around the beach. 
    5.  small boats or other watercraft to float on the “lake” (no water, just a blue painted area of the table cloth).  Skidoos and Jetskis would be awesome!
    6.  etc!  you get the idea

SO… as always… go crazy, be nuts, have fun, and let’s blow them away with our completely insane antics again!

PLEASE RSVP ON MY FA PAGE OR HERE SO WE CAN GET A HEAD COUNT.  ALSO, IF YOU CAN BRING SOME OF THE LARGER LISTED TOYS OR WHATEVER, LET ME KNOW!

Thanks all !!!

#10786 Quote
    Wow, i’m in just on principle.
    #10920 Quote
    Better be a TON of people coming to this party!  It’s some birthday time, and there’s gonna be CRAZY madness going on.

#10922 Quote
    I unfortunately cannot attend due to work coming into play that entire weekend…Higher priority.

Zepaw, I hope you have a wonderful birthday.  I do have something for you so I will have someone who is attending give it to you.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#10927 Quote
    I will make this, lol I have the wife beater, but I do not own any shorts, save the swim trunks. white nose, I can find some thing lol.

#10947 Quote
    I should be able to make it to this.
    #10951 Quote
    I should be able to attend as well
    #10954 Quote
    I can’t make it.  I’ll be visiting my parents in Indiana from 12th through 26th. :C
    #10957 Quote
    Hope you have a happy birthday Zepaw! :D
    #10970 Quote
    It shall be a fantastically fun time. ^^
    #10984 Quote
    I should be able to make it. Though I don’t have any over the top beach items that I could bring to the party so I’ll just bring myself in my normal clothes haha. XP
    #10989 Quote
    I can come, will we be meeting outside of dick’s prior or should I just ask the host. I don’t have anyone’s phone number.
    #10992 Quote

@Ariket said:
    I can come, will we be meeting outside of dick’s prior or should I just ask the host. I don’t have anyone’s phone number.

If around or before noon I expect outside of Dick’s. You can have mine, 612-fouronefour-6800

#10993 Quote
    Already here, standing outside.  Come join us!
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.