Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

– Thanksgiving ~ Have Fun and Be Safe –

Home Forums Off Topics and Site Maintance Off topic – Thanksgiving ~ Have Fun and Be Safe –

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Drake M. 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    – HEY THERE! –

Hey there, your Events fox here!  Thanksgiving is among us and many of us will either be traveling good distances or finding local attractions with friends and family.  I hope that all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and remember to eat lots of turkey and have fun.  I also want everyone to be safe in their travels to and from!  🙂

Drake the Turkey

~ Drake M.

• This topic was modified 5 months ago by  Drake M..

B | Z   F [] X

MNFurs Events Department Head - Having an idea, planning logistics, & putting them in motion is what I am here to help YOU do successfully

Furry Migration IT Help Desk Head + Registration Sub-Head - Serving all of your IT needs as well as helping YOU register for our convention successfully

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#50002 Quote
    Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving from me as well. Will always be thankful for this community and its ability to put a smile on my face, you guys are awesome!
    #50003 Quote
    *Sees picture of our lovely Events anthro-fox dressed in a turkey costume*

(O_O)”

Um… *Gulp*

*Said in a cracking voice, while tugging at a literal collar*

I’ll…um… C-can I package this…this…turkey to go, p-please? I…um… I have suddenly found myself without a Thanksgiving…er…goose, or cassowary, or whatever bird we eat at…um… What holiday is this again? Flag Day. Yeah…

*Makes awful attempt of “stealthily” throwing his Thanksgiving turkey through the living room (Why is my turkey in the living room?) window… It rebounds off the glass and decks Convel in the face*

Ouch! *Falls over*

*Gets up, and dusts self off*

Um…so, yeah, the grouse-bird-thing is, like, totally ruined now. It caught on fire, fell out of the window, and landed on an exploding bomb, and got all sorts of holes in a shooting accident. So, I…uh…need a new one! I’ll take the one in the picture, please! There seems to be a…er…fox stuck in it, but…um…that’s fine, too! It’s…uh… *Voice cracks again* …a bonus feature! <__<

LOL! Sorry for my silliness. But, yeah, um…that’s a very nice picture! *Blush* 🙂 I was not expecting that and was pleasantly surprised upon seeing it.

Anyway, have a happy and save Thanksgiving, everyone! It’s a mad, mad, mad, mad world (and that’s also apparently a 1963 “epic comedy film” — What the hell is an epic comedy film!? O_o ) out there, so I hope everyone stays safe and has lots of fun and warm times with their friends and family.

If any of you will be spending this Thanksgiving holiday alone, especially if not by choice, know that, at least in spirit, you’ll have a furry friend sitting at your table in the form of my fursona, a demonic, horned, winged anthro-wolf, by your side.

No one should have to spend this holiday alone, unless they choose to, but I know from the years I’ve spent working with hundreds of people in the human services field for over a decade that it can happen, and unless it’s intentional, it can be painful.

So, for those who may not be able to spend Thanksgiving with friends or family, like they may want, or may not have anyone to spend the day with, know that, at least,  you’ll have me there in thought and heart. I’ll be projecting my warmest thoughts to all my friends, fellow furs, and furry affiliates in this beautiful community of ours, and in the furry fandom at large this Thanksgiving week and weekend.

So, once again, have a happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Gobble, gobble, a~woo!

*Picks dirty Thanksgiving turkey up off the living room floor in mouth, now while in full-wolf form, but still winged and horned; pauses for a second, shakes the turkey around a bit, and then traipses into the kitchen on all fours, growling playfully*

I am Convel Deamhan: I've learned that light can be born from darkness, beauty from ugliness, redemption from damnation, and friendship from loneliness. I am ecstatic to be a member of MNFurs, and the furry fandom at large!

#50006 Quote
    Hehehe, your silliness is fun Convel!  😀

Today is Thanksgiving everyone.  Eat well and don’t eat too much or else you might turn into a turkey or something…Gobble gobble!  XP

~ Drake M.

B | Z   F [] X

MNFurs Events Department Head - Having an idea, planning logistics, & putting them in motion is what I am here to help YOU do successfully

Furry Migration IT Help Desk Head + Registration Sub-Head - Serving all of your IT needs as well as helping YOU register for our convention successfully

#50007 Quote

Hehehe, your silliness is fun Convel! 😀 * * * * * * * * * * Today is Thanksgiving everyone. Eat well and don’t eat too much or else you might turn into a turkey or something…Gobble gobble! XP ~ Drake M.

Aww…. Shucks…! *Blush* Thank you, Drake! It means so much to me for you to say that, especially after the rough few days I’ve had. 🙂

Sometimes I worry that people think I’m being silly to attract attention, like how ‘internet-random’… (I’m not sure if that’s a real term, or one of the ones I’ve made up. As a sci-fi/fantasy writer, I make up A LOT of terms, and they get lost in reality sometimes; so, it’s hard to keep track of them… I think I’ll put bells on them so I know where they are. LOL!) …has kind of become a negative stereotype in some circles online, like: “Oo, look at how random I can be to get likes/subscriptions/views/fans/attention! Banana hammock lumbar oboe Taj Majal! Tee hee! I’m sooo random, L0L!1!”

But, that’s not me. My silliness is myself. So, it really does mean a lot to hear/read you say that, especially on Thanksgiving, Drake — doubly-especially as our Events Fox, Furry Migration Lots of Titles Fox, and a longtime MNFurs vet. 😀 So, once again, thank you.

Okay, now I need to have a light breakfast, so I don’t pass out on my way back to bed, before I wake up before my Thanksgiving breakfast-lunch-dinner! I think we’re eating around 1:00 PM… (O_0)??? I’ll wake up at noon. I’ve had 3 hours of sleep. LOL. I’m a sleepy waffle… Wuffle… Occasionally quadrupedal demonic canine being.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Unfortunately, I’m sans a turkey again, as my second one reanimated like those damn chickens in David Lynch’s “Eraserhead”, or the ones in Peter Gabriel’s music video for his song ‘Sledgehammer’, and walked out on me! On Thanksgiving, of all days! It’s almost like it didn’t want to be eaten… So, I guess I’ll get a turduken or something. Do they still make those…? What are those…? *Peers cautiously at a turkey, duck, and chicken, walking by outside my window* *Growls*

Once more: Happy ‘I almost ran into a family of wild turkeys on my mountain bike going downhill at a high rate of speed!’ Day! BTW, turkeys are FAST! Thankfully they ran the OTHER way, or I might not be here now. Or my fursona would be were-turkey, or something. Gobble, arf, gobble. *Pecks the ground*

Have a good day, everybody! Stay warm! Eat tasty food! Watch your preferred sports team play sports ball! Isn’t that a local custom today…? I’m…er…not a sports wolf… Hee hee. *Shuffles paw awkwardly on floor*

Edit:

OMFG, ROFL, WTF HAPPENED THERE!?

That smiley got HUGE!!!! I’m dying! I can’t breathe! Something done goofed! Call the internet police, because we need a backtrace on this, stat!

Oh, oh… By the world’s various gods! That was NOT intentional. I swear. I just quoted Drake, and…BOOOOM! Giant freaking Thanksgiving day smiley! LOL!

Well, there you have it folks, I broke the internet! Abandon thread! Abandon thread! She’s going to blow, cap’n! Awooga! Awooga!

Um…I think I should eat and go to bed now… *Sigh*

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Convel. Reason: WHY IS THERE A FREAKING GIANT SMILEY FACE IN MY REPLY!? WHAT HAPPENED THERE!? Leave it to me to have that happen in one of my posts. *SMH* LOL!

I am Convel Deamhan: I've learned that light can be born from darkness, beauty from ugliness, redemption from damnation, and friendship from loneliness. I am ecstatic to be a member of MNFurs, and the furry fandom at large!

#50009 Quote
    If someone were to ask me what I’m thankful for this Thanksgiving, I’d have to say that I’m just lucky to have some of the best friends I could ever have in this fandom. I had not found another social community or fandom which I could immerse myself in and feel like I truly belonged. Each and every one of you that I’ve met (online and in real life) have left a great impact on my life. I really like how this community is very open-minded and welcoming, and it feels absolutely great. In all honesty, I don’t know where I would be today if this fandom never existed, so I’d like to give a huge thank you to everyone for making it possible.

However you may celebrate the holiday, I hope it will still be a good one for you. Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! 🙂

#50010 Quote
    Convel – Yes, I do hope that you have a great Thanksgiving.  I look forward to a meet and greet at a meet or future event sometime as it will be fun to meet you

Renton – Well said, happy turkey day to you too

~ Drake M.

B | Z   F [] X

#50011 Quote
    Happy Thanksgiving!

I’m thankful for the wonderful furry community we have in MN and being able to be a part of it. I’m also thankful for my boyfriend, Alkora, and being able to work together making fursuits for a living.

MNFurs is a 501(c3) educational non-profit organization. We provide events in the Minnesota area, but we also provide learning opportunities, scholarship programs, and we provide charitable work with our members for others nonprofit organizations. Our board of directors is elected each year by our membership, from our membership

President of MNFurs
    Furry Migration Hotel Liaison

Need help with something? Ask me!

#50012 Quote

If someone were to ask me what I’m thankful for this Thanksgiving, I’d have to say that I’m just lucky to have some of the best friends I could ever have in this fandom. I had not found another social community or fandom which I could immerse myself in and feel like I truly belonged. Each and every one of you that I’ve met (online and in real life) have left a great impact on my life. I really like how this community is very open-minded and welcoming, and it feels absolutely great. In all honesty, I don’t know where I would be today if this fandom never existed, so I’d like to give a huge thank you to everyone for making it possible. However you may celebrate the holiday, I hope it will still be a good one for you. Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! 🙂 (Convel’s note: I’m putting a barrier here, in case this smiley tries to grow, too! *Growls at smiley* *Bark bark bark!* *Sneeze* Dammit…)

Oh, gosh, Renton, that was so beautifully said, that I’m actually tearing up. 🙂 No joke, I’m nearly crying, that was so lovely!

You put that so eloquently, with such heart-felt words, that it touched me deeply. And it is so, so very true. Thank you so, so much for further brightening this old (well, as an anthro, I’m old, LOL!) demon wolf’s day even further, Renton. I don’t know you yet, but I can already tell, that, based on your words and the spirit I can see, as a writer, in them: You’re a beacon in this family. 🙂 Thank you for your light.

I can’t speak for your experiences, Renton, but I feel much the same way. I don’t want to cast a shadow on this lovely topic, but for context: I have so few friends offline, and had lost so many over the years, that I’d worried whether I’d find a community to call home. I’d considered whether or not I was a furry for probably two decades (I’m 33), and because of the stigma around our subculture…hell, our real, legitimate culture…I was afraid of accepting who I knew I was.

Anthros have been a part of my art, my drawings and my writing since I was 4 or 5, in 1988 or 1989, when I could first really start to draw and write for fun, albeit childishly, and conceptualize worlds and stories. Most of my novels have had and will have antho characters, and I’ve drawn many anthro-beings. And I will do so to no foreseeable end.

But still… Still… I’d been stigmatized for having mental illness, for being fat, for being gender non-conforming… I was afraid of another stigma. But, I’m past all that now… I’m me, and I’m happy with who I am, and that includes as a proud furry, and member of the furry fandom. We have such a loving, open-minded, accepting, by and large, family here. I haven’t found another community like this anywhere, online or off.

That’s why it hurts to know that when I joined here back in 2015, when I still legitimately hated who I was, I realize that I hurt a lot of people, not only possibly in MNFurs, but others in my life that called me a friend. But…that’s all behind me now. I’m a fuller, more whole person, and anthro, by proxy, than I have ever been.

And that’s why today, on Thanksgiving, I’m most grateful for my furry family, here at MNFurs especially. You are all my family, my brothers and sisters, regardless of species, sex, or gender, to me, today, on this day of thanks and remembrance, and on every day.

I will always have my blood-family, and I am blessed with a great one, who has accepted me for me, and fostered my individuality and creativity since the day I was born. I cry now, real, genuine tears of sorrow, because I know that there are probably some of my fellow furries out there who may not be as…as fortunate as I have been.

And again, if any of you, my family, have to spend today alone, not by choice, but by unfortunate circumstance, I want so badly to be at your table, so you don’t have to be alone today, or whenever you celebrate Thanksgiving. But, even though I can’t be there bodily, my fuzzy self will be there in spirit, and in heart.

You are all f***ing rock stars! Thank you for the gifts you have given me in the short time I’ve been back. I promise that I’ll do my best not to leave again. I’m so grateful for you all! 🙂

Convel – Yes, I do hope that you have a great Thanksgiving. I look forward to a meet and greet at a meet or future event sometime as it will be fun to meet you Renton – Well said, happy turkey day to you too ~ Drake M.

I plan to be at every fur meet, every month, going forward. I’ll post a pic once I have an updated selfie in my Re-Intro topic so people can know who to look out for… Whether they want to approach or avoid me! LOL!

I’d love to meet you in person there, Drake, and anyone else, too, who’s comfortable coming up and saying ‘hi’.

I will say that, as a writer, I’m much more chatty in text, well, in forum posts, anyway. I’m actually kind of shy at first in person, but I do get silly and goofy at times. So, it may take some time before I’m as weird as I am on here. 😀 But, the me you see here, is the me I will be there.

Mwa ha ha ha! The scary demon wolf stalks at fur meets! And eats appetizer samplers! I love those damn things. *Stomach growls* Okay, now I’m hungry. Dammit. Is the food ready yet…?

Anyhowl, the first of my blood-family members and blood-family-by-proxies (LOL, my sister-in-law) have arrived. I should probably go say ‘hi’!

I’m SO grateful for this community, MNFurs, and for the greater furry fandom. It has given me the community I’ve been looking for for most of my life. I’m so happy to be back, after my 2 year absence.

Edit:

It freaking happened again! WTF!?

Okay, now I think the MNFurs website is freaking TROLLING me!

Anthros and ladies and gentlemen, I think we may have a Skynet situation here. Do not panic, but I think the MNFurs forum may have attained sentience and have it in for me. IT KEEPS MAKING SMILIES IN MY QUOTED POSTS HUGE!!!! Y u do dis!?

Bah, well, it’s nearly turkey time. Another mystery for another day. I’ll bark at the smiley for a few hours like any good canine later. 😀

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Convel. Reason: WHY DO THE SMILEY FACES IN MY QUOTED POSTS KEEP GOING GODZILLA ON ME! *Badly dubbed lip movements* Mecha-Smiley is attacking Tokyo Tower! *Dramatic 1960s orchestral music*

#50019 Quote
    Thank you for the wonderful Thanksgiving wishes Drake. I’ve never had such a strong bond with any group in my life then what I’ve developed with the community despite some hiccups here and there. I’m thankful for everyone I’ve met in here so far and I hope I can continue to meet more great friends and to help support the community. That’s all I gotta say on that subject. 🙂
    #50020 Quote
    You are welcome Vib.  I am very grateful to hear that you are enjoying yourself here in the MNFurs community, but that you feel strongly about it too.  I always love hearing that a community member is getting their footing in and developing relationships with others.  I do not believe we have met yet in person and have only spoken on here and Telegram, but it will be awesome to talk in person soon at a meet or upcoming event.

To add on to Aerak’s above post, I am thankful for my family, my fiance Norm, that I have a great family and that we are all together to spend another year of the big turkey day, & for being part of a still growing furry community that is MNFurs!  😀

Once again, happy Thanksgiving and if any of you are working this black Friday, stay safe, get the job done, & put smiles on people’s faces.

~ Drake M.

B | Z   F [] X

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX