Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

The New MNFurs Community Forum!

Home Forums MNFurs Meeting Notes and Times The New MNFurs Community Forum!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    April 7th @ 7:00pm

It’s time for a change of pace! We are trying something new! It’s going to be awesome and we want you to be a part of it!

For the past 18 months we have been doing Community Forum meetings. These are monthly meetings where we say, “Hey Community! This is what is going on!”. Some of the news is from a Board level of “Hey, this is what we are doing as a group and where we are headed and we want your input”, but it’s also a lot of members of the MNFurs community saying, “Hey, we are organizing a fursuiting event or maybe a room party, and we need help and want to get the word out”. That’s what these meetings have been all about. It’s been a two hour format where business takes place.

We are trying a new format to the meeting. In this new format, we will spend one hour talking about the bells and whistles of the group, and doing the things that regulars at these meetings are used to. But the second half of the meeting, we are opening it up to a guest speaker – or panelist as they might be known in a convention format. Here are some possible ideas for panels:

-Fursuit Construction
    -History of the Furry Fandom
    -Running a Furry Business
    -Money Management and Creating a Budget
    -Public Speaking

Maybe you have an idea for a panel. If you do, you get extra credit. People who attend a community forum already receive 2 volunteer hours that go toward becoming a voting member of MNFurs also capable of running for the board. If you are selected to run a panel, you receive an extra volunteer hour.

We hope to have a panel selected within the next week, to give folks plenty of time to say, “Wow, that really interests me! I want to go to that!

If YOU want to run a panel or have a cool idea for one, put it in this thread, or contact me directly. If you have comments or opinions on what we are trying to do, please feel free to use this thread for discussion.

#22464 Quote
    I really like this idea. The community forums are a great chance for people to get involved but they’ve become very dull and one-note (event updates). This gives a real reason to want to attend.
    #22477 Quote
    I’d be willing to throw my name into the hat for doing something on con and event photography 🙂

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.