Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

The Superior Guardian Chapter 2

Home Forums General Discussions Writing The Superior Guardian Chapter 2

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Chapter 2

The wolf walked through the forest knowing his mission was complete, but quickened his pace, because of the urgency to get back to her. He knew that if he was late to see her, she would kill him for sure. As the day was getting older, the sun was beginning to turn pinkish and the sky was darkening. After getting through the forest, the wolf came to a long stretch of paved road. This was his least favorite part of his travels, because he was so close to being seen by humans in their metallic creatures known as cars. Lucky for him there was not a car in sight and he quickly ran across the road to where he found another forest. As he passed through the forest he reached the shore line of what seemed to be the ocean. There was no sand on this beach; instead there were rocks of all shapes and sizes. The air was much colder here than in the forest, because the air caught the temperature of the water. If anyone took a dip they would surely die by freezing to death. The ocean was not an ocean; in fact it was a lake, a great lake. Because of its massive size to many other lakes, its name seemed to suit it best; Superior.

The wolf bent down to the water’s edge, but kept his distance as not to let the waters take him in.

“I have stopped them”, he spoke in a low serious voice. “The mission is complete, I hope.”

As he bowed his head in the presence of the lake, after speaking his peace, a tall, beautiful woman materialized beside the wolf. She had long, clean black hair. Her skin was as white as a pale skinned man. Her skin was as smooth as the clear water of the lake. Her eyes were an aqua color like the shimmering waters of the shore. And her wardrobe was a dark blue dress that covered her body. She bent down next to the wolf and began to caress the fur on his head.

“Tamayoshi”, she spoke the wolf’s name in a light and endearing voice. “You have fought bravely and were noble in your fights today. But the man who wishes to hurt me is still out to destroy our land.”

“Then tell me what to do next”, Tamayoshi spoke in an aggressive voice, “I’ll gladly stop a hundred men if it means protecting you.” She laughed at how courageous he was acting, but knew he would struggle against less than that.

“Your next mission will require you to travel to a place I know you dislike being in.”

“Please do not make me wear that horrible thing”, Tamayoshi said with sternness in his voice. She laughed again, since she knew he was speaking about clothes for disguising himself among humans. Tamayoshi despised wearing clothes since they made him look ridiculous and made him feel uncomfortable.

“Do not fret”, she spoke to him with honesty. “You shall not have to disguise yourself.”

“Thank you”, Tamayoshi said in sincere gratitude.

“However, you will have to remain hidden among humans in a well developed area of the shoreline.”

“What is it you ask of me?”

“I want you to go to a harbor and watch a particular load that is being shipped out from port.”

“Why are you sending me to do this job when you could easily stop them yourself?”

“You know I would prefer not to harm humans unless I feel compelled to do so. Now I need you to stop them from shipping out a particular item.”

“And what sort of item would this be?”

“You will know when you see it.”

“Then before you go, I have but one important question to ask. Where will this mission take place?”

“In the industrial village of Silver Bay.”

Tamayoshi’s eyes became bigger due to the shock of hearing he would have to travel to a place like that. He knew of many industrial villages along Superior’s shoreline and disliked being around them. They were heavily populated by humans, were dirty and smoggy, and were highly dangerous for him to work any sort of mission in. But no matter the mission, whether it is difficult or dislikeable, Tamayoshi knew that he would still have to do it to the best of his abilities. After all, without her help and guidance, he would have been dead since birth. Tamayoshi began to calm himself and then bowed toward the lake again.

“Very well”, he said in a voice of understanding. “I shall leave before the moon sets.” The woman let go of his head and began to slowly walk away.

“I shall always watch over you”, she said.

“And I shall always protect you”, Tamayoshi said. He then quickly turned to face her. “Wait”, he barked to stop her from leaving. She stopped and turned to face Tamayoshi.

“Yes”, she said in a soft upbeat voice. “What is it?”

“I love you, Superiror.”

“She laughed a little. “And I you.”

With that, she disappeared as a ship sailing into a thick fog. Tamayoshi brought his sights back to the lake and began to marvel at the beautiful sight he was seeing. The waves crashing into the rocky shores, the waves white capping further out from the shore, and the hard ice cold wind biting at his fur. He began to close his eyes and take in a deep breath. When he let out the air, all of the feelings he had from that view were burned into his memory forever. He took one last, hard look at the lake and then turned toward the forest to seek out shelter for the evening to come.

Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Till your good is better, and your better is the best.

Poetry is power.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.