Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Valley Scare and Valley Fair 2020

Home Forums Regional Discussions Minnesota Metro – Twin Cities Valley Scare and Valley Fair 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    On paper, Valley Scare is suppose to be an 18+ event as per their web page.   Experience has shown this is True on Friday but not Saturday when we scouted opening weekend on 9/21 .   Also, the 18+ rating is for safety reasons as big amusement park, easy to get lost or in trouble, only 3 “adults” to manage.  We are looking into outings to Valley Fair during 2020 season when it will be all ages with more structure.  But for now, for reasons of safety and planning accordingly,  event is 18+.
    #56821 Quote
    We know for a fact we are looking at 8 attendees so far.  The 3 season pass holders (1 offline), 5 “bring a friend” (1 offline) for RSVP.  We have the 3 maybes.  Even with some driving themselves, be aware we may run out of car space, so if you are certain you can go and intend to get ride from GPS, let us know.  If you are Busing to GPS, let us know as we are getting back after midnight and most buses stop or have long schedules.  If you know you are driving yourself, please speak up that you may be willing to drive a person or 2 home (depending if drop off is “on way”) if we have a lot of bus users.
    #56822 Quote
    I could give a ride home within reasonable distance from the drive back to Bloomington.
    #56824 Quote
    Sorry to trouble others on this, but is there anyone going that drives that is close to Golden Valley? If so, when we get back, could I potentially ask for a ride home? If not, that is okay.

'Every story ever told can be broken down into three distinct parts: The Beginning, The Middle, and The Twist.' -R.L. Stine

#56825 Quote
    So? Exactly how many folks are going to this? And then if there is over 15, are we doing a group ticket sale, considering buying in bulk online would be significantly cheaper on individuals. Instead of the $38 described on the events page (which I think it might be actually over $40 with tax) , it looks like it would be closer to $30 a ticket this way. If it’s a worry about fronting money to get the tickets and not showing. We could perhaps all chip into a PayPal pool first, and then meet at the gates and distribute tickets that way? That way nobody’s hurting money because it’s been already put into whoever is hosting’s PayPal account. I’d wager for transparency, possibly a MN Furs staffer should head the PayPal pool for transparency if this is a route to take. And if so, I might be buying 3-4 tickets if people like this idea.

~Roy Aster

#56827 Quote
    I’m excited to go,  this is my first ever furry meetup and I’m excited to go to valley scare as well.

I hope we all have fun and I’m excited to meet you all!

#56828 Quote
    I am one of the season pass holders. We can purchase individual tickets with our membership at $30 (up to 18 people can take advantage of this between the three passholders going/driving). We have bought a few a head of time already, and we can also purchase them onsite. A group buy could be useful, but currently we do not have more than 15 folks who are for sure going tomorrow.

Cyndyr

No, really... I don't want to do all things. Volunteer at [email protected]

Minnesota Furs Vice President
    MidWinter Frolic Consuite

Minnesota Furs, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit

#56829 Quote
    If I grab some PayPal info and such from friends would you be willing to purchase some tickets for us?

~Roy Aster

#56830 Quote

I am one of the season pass holders. We can purchase individual tickets with our membership at $30 (up to 18 people can take advantage of this between the three passholders going/driving). We have bought a few a head of time already, and we can also purchase them onsite. A group buy could be useful, but currently we do not have more than 15 folks who are for sure going tomorrow.

To build on that the group price is more expensive (almost $33 per person with taxes) the bring your friend is $30 with taxes. Also we have people with Annual passes going so the group rate wouldn’t apply so it would be a bigger trip and these Valley Scare trips in the past don’t get that big 🙂

The cost doesn’t change for AP discounts to bring friends from buying online or at the park entrance. It’s just we will want to get it done all at once.

Member of Minnesota Furs a 501c3 Non Profit, former Convention Chairman for Furry Migration, volunteer, and always doings lots of other stuff.

Feel free to ask questions because I'm here for you!
    Kurst "YipYap" Hyperyote

#56831 Quote
    I’ll be driving directly there from Burnsville, lemme know in telegram if you want a ride

Life wasn’t meant to end easy, it’s meant for you to come screeching on your rear to the golden gates saying “Wow! What a ride!”

#56832 Quote
    Can I invite friends to come?
    #56833 Quote
    Alright. I have me and 3 others (4 total). Are we just meeting at the gates then sometime? I dunno exactly when we’re getting there. So maybe ordering online so you don’t have to wait would be a good idea? How do we want to coordinate that?

~Roy Aster

#56835 Quote
    Updates and Final timeline:

Tickets are at $30 via “bring a friend” from 3 season pass holders.  This gives us a total of 18 possible tickets at discounted price.  No more.

For those wanting ride: Meet at GPS starting at 3pm to get final headcount.  We have 8 seats in 3 season pass holders cars.  The reason we are carpooling is “parking fee” is $18 dollars per car of non-season pass holder even prior to purchasing Valley Fair ticket.   Please tell us if you are busing to GPS so we can figure out return rides for some.  Last car leaves GPS at 3:45pm.

If you are driving yourselves:  I will be at the front ticket office just outside security gates at about 4:00-4:15 to start getting people their “bring a friend” tickets.   Look for the Orange shirt with white Raccoon symbol. The remaining pass holders intend to be there between 4:15-4:45 pm.   3 season pass holders will be inside park by 4:50pm so if you are not there by then we will be unable to get you discounted ticket.

Dinner is from 5pm-7pm.  The season pass holders are going to Buffet,  It is $22 dollars for everyone else so others may want to try any of the other less expensive dining options options around park.  If not to eat, use this time to read map, get use to the geography of the park and plan your evening. We will convene again at 6:55PM at the superior stage for “the awakening”.   This is opening skit that launches the scary events of evening.  We can scatter in groups as we wish to see all rides/shows.

Leaving: At 11:30pm we meet in front of Cinnabon near exit.  Drivers leave at 11:45pm to avoid mass rush exit so keep track of time.  You will be left if you do not keep track of time, sorry.

Dress warmly.  Temp tomorrow is only about 50 degrees so dress warmly and be aware there is slight chance of rain.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Procyon.
    #56847 Quote
    FORK, didn’t realize it was this week-end 🙁
    #56900 Quote
    Thank you all for attending.  This was an experiment to see how a “group trip” would work given natural tendency for Furs to scatter like matchsticks.   But I think everyone arrived, every got a discounted ticket, everyone found a ride home, and outside weather issues generally had fun.   Keep a look out for a MNfurs Valley Fair 2020 post as we now seem to have 5 season pass holders who go down there and the “bring a friend” discount looks  like it will continue into 2020.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.