Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Want To Volunteer? Post here!

Home Forums MNFurs Discussions Want To Volunteer? Post here!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    In the last Community forum meeting, the fact that MNfurs needs more volunteers was addressed. I offered to post a little something on here and was given the OK.

Welcome to The Stable!

This post will be for people to post their willingness to volunteer and the skills/hours they have available. This will make it extremely easy for staff of both MNfurs and Furry Migration (If you’d like to help with that!) to find people when they need them. You may even be asked to join a staff position!

Here is an example of what would be a good post. (Admins let me know if you want more/less info and ill change it)

Zest  (Fur name, keep real names private for security reasons)

Free-time: Weekends are free for anything. Must attend classes during the week, but I am available at all times online.

Skills: English Major, Creative writing focus. Junior in College. Excellent with people in a business/professional/promotional situation. Tall, able to lift/carry heavy objects easily.

Available tools: Four wheel Drive Jeep. business suit. Fur-suit, Android Cell-phone, Windows 7 Laptop w/ HDMI cable, Tablet

Disabilities: None (Here you can list things that you cannot do, feel free to change the name of this category for your post. EX: Cant lift or walk long distances, social anxiety Etc. NOTE: You DO NOT have to list your disabilities if you do not want to, its only if you feel like we should know. )

Preferred Positions: Writer, Social media, editor, Liaison (All kinds), Promoter, or anything where I am talking/interacting with people.

Conventions Attending: Furry Migration, FurSquared, Anthrocon, NobrandCon. (You would change this as it changes)

Would you like to help with Furry Migration?: Yes

Additional Notes: I love to help! (Feel free to leave this  blank, but you can put whatever relevant information you want in this space)

NOTE: Since you may be editing this thing several times in the future, when you edit your post make sure you uncheck the “Keep a log of this edit” Box in order to save space.

• This topic was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by Zest.
    • This topic was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by Zest.
    #21593 Quote
    theredpanda (Anders Storvick)

Free-time: Weekends are free for anything. Must attend classes during the week, but I am available at all times online.

Skills: IT major (Networking Services), good with working with complicated people and dealing with panicky people.

Available tools: Windows Laptop, Webcam, Skype, gigantic backpacks.

Disabilities: Panic Disorder, Asperger’s Syndrome

Preferred Positions: Tech position (non-programming), Something where I work with food/drinks, anything where I have to sort something in a database or something technical/clerical.

Contact:  PM me if you need any of them. I’ll give them to you if you just explain why you need them :3 (Email, Phone, etc.)

Conventions Attending: I haven’t attended any so far, but I plan to go to the furry migration this coming fall.

Additional Notes: I’m pretty eager to please, I work with people pretty easily as long as it’s not a massive crowd. I’m very good with language, and have been told that I’m very much a people person.

"You're addicted to caffeine" "I am not, I can stop whenever I want" "so stop?" "I said when I want!"

#21596 Quote
    Norm (Shane Green)

Free-time: Monday-Wednesday currently. I can get any day off of work if given enough notice.

Skills: I’m no stranger to manual labor. I can build almost anything. I have an ability to connect the right people together to get things accomplished.  I can also edit video/music, run live sound/video. If I know enough about the subject i am a great problem solver. There is nothing i can learn with a little bit of time and google.

Available tools: Full range of carpentry/welding tools. Mac laptop. GoPro. Professional grade sound system.  Musical instruments…. I don’t even know, lol. Ask and I’ll see what I can do.

Disabilities: None that I am aware of/

Preferred Positions: I am a “Jack of all trades”

Contact: Email: [email protected] Mobile: 320-266-7027 Feel free to call or text.

Conventions Attending: FM

Additional Notes: I help where I can and have no problem donating personal time to get a project done!

I used

the whole page

for this!

#21605 Quote
    Okay, here goes…

I volunteer enough as it is, but just thought I would post anyways.  =p

Name:  Drake (The Business Fox)

Free time:  Monday – Friday after 5:00 + weekends at any time if not busy

Skills:  Help Desk Administrator (2007 – present) for a custom metalwork company (hardware + software), A+ Ess certified, Network+ certified, Benchmark Learning certificates for Windows Server 2003 (education + real world experience), Windows Server 2008 R2 (education + real world experience), Active Directory (education + real world experience), very fluent with Windows XP, 7, & 8

Event planning/running with MNFurs in Events Dept (2012 – present) and prior personal experience, MNFurs Research Division (2012), MNFurs Volunteers Dept (2012 – brief period),

ConSuite staff with Anime Detour + AniMinneapolis (2013 – 2014), Roving ConSuite with Anime Detour (2013 – 2014), Anime Detour Registration tables (2013), Furry Migration Hotels Dept head (2014)

Available Tools:  Many laptops, desktop, cables galore, troubleshooting skills, my brain…Many things XP

Disabilities:  Nope, but I can be derpy sometimes XP

Preferred Positions:  Events Liaison, promoter, community interaction

Contact e-mail:  [email protected]

Other contact options:  Most of these remain private and am picky on who has it…Ask me please

Do I want to help with FM:  I already am

Upcoming cons:  Anime Detour, Furry Migration, Midwest FurFest

Additional notes:  I like to be a jack of all trades…Alongside my position in the community, I want to continue to be a face to the community and be available whenever necessary.

~ Drake M.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by Drake M..

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#21613 Quote
    Vanbael (Travis Lukach)

Free-time: For this semester, afternoon’s, evenings, and weekend days.  Will update upon job changes.

Skills: Proficient in:

• .ASP Web Programming
    • C#
    • SQL and Database Management
    • Android Programming
    • .php
    • Agile Programming Methodology (namely Ruby on Rails)
    • Java Programming

TL;DR: I have a lot of programming capablilties, I’m just sharing what I know.
    Outside of programming, I’m versed with registration and desk positions at events, and I’m also becoming an experienced mascot, and I’m also open to physically taxing positions as well.

Available tools: Laptop (*2), Printer/Scanner/Fax (stays at home), Four-Wheel drive vehicle, c

Disabilities: Geographically challenged (in St. Cloud).

Preferred Positions: Social media admin, front end stuff, any tech position.

Conventions Attending: Furry Migration, ADetour, MFF, maybe (FurSquared)

Would you like to help with Furry Migration?: Yes

Additional Notes:  My school and classes come first, if I’m in a backlog of projects and homework I’ll be picking them over a meeting, a degree comes first.  But I’m eager to help in any field in future events.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by Vanbael.
    #21619 Quote
    Hi guys, thanks for posting your willingness!

Might be a bit too much info here at the moment – just for personal safety sake is why I suggest this.  But you all have lots of good skills, and I’d highly encourage you to email [email protected] to help.

We’ve got your info, thank you so much!

#21623 Quote
    With the personal information removed. Would it still be possible to keep the stable open to the public? 😛
    #21731 Quote
    Furry Gamers:  if you’re going to be at Furry Migration, would you like to volunteer to organize a tabletop game? Be it a round of FLUXX, Magic:  the Gathering, or even a tabletop RPG, I’d like to know about it.

I’m Sylvan. I’ve been running Gaming at CONvergence for over a decade, have helped start 2 local Gaming cons over the years, and will be running Tabletop Gaming at Furry Migration in 2014. I’m looking for refs and people who’d like to sponsor a little, fun event during the con.

What do you think? Let me know!

Please feel free to use the sign-up link on the Furry Migration Web site:  http://con.furrymigration.org/programming/gaming/submit/

Join us!

Yours,

Sylvan

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by Sylvan.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.