Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

We are bringing back the Community Forum – TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Home Forums MNFurs Announcements We are bringing back the Community Forum – TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    *taps mic* Is this thing on?

Hello Everyone! So… who here remembers the Community Forum?

For those who don’t: the Community Forum was a monthly gathering where members of the board of directors and the community met up to talk about what was going on – New proposed events. Old Events and how they went. New ideas. Debates. Pie. That last one was dependent on where we held the meetings =P

We ran these meetings for around a year and a half but we eventually stopped holding them and I think in doing so we made a huge mistake. We stopped them because less and less people were coming to them, but perhaps we should have been doing more to get the word out. Perhaps we should have held the meetings regardless of size – just to make sure there was an outlet and a dialog.

Let’s set things right. I’m going to be running the next meeting February 27th, 4:00pm at the Hopkins Caribou Coffee. So.. the day of the furmeet, at the Caribou, an hour before the furmeet.

Updated Agenda:

Introductions (Community)
    -Tell us who you are and one interesting fact about you.

What do you want from your fur group? – A Discussion of Scope (Community)
    -What should the local group do for the community?
    -Services
    -Events
    -Etc

What the heck is MNFurs and why do we need a board of directors? (Aerak)

Feedback for the Board (Community)
    -What has the board done poorly?
    -What has the board done well?
    -What can be done differently?

MNFurs Board Election (Aerak)
    -Why care?
    -How to vote
    -How to run

The Future of These Meetings (Community)
    -Should the board be able to attend these meetings?
    -Deciding on the next meeting time and location

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Aerak. Reason: Added to the agenda
    #38067 Quote
    I am very glad to see these meetings come back.  I have recently been wondering if these were coming back and my wondering is now satisfied.  =p

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#38078 Quote
    I’m totally going to be there! Excited to see these back 🙂
    #38082 Quote

I’m totally going to be there! Excited to see these back :)

What Ridayah said.  =p

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#38085 Quote
    To the community viewing this thread:

There has been a concern brought up that having the board present right away would stifle open discussion. You are stuck with me as moderator :P, but beyond that, what are people’s thoughts about board members being present at this meeting?

#38291 Quote

To the community viewing this thread:
    There has been a concern brought up that having the board present right away would stifle open discussion. You are stuck with me as moderator :P, but beyond that, what are people’s thoughts about board members being present at this meeting?

Either way – Unfortunately I will not be attending this as I will be Fur Squared this same weekend.

But at the same time I hope this goes well 🙂

Member of Minnesota Furs a 501c3 Non Profit, former Convention Chairman for Furry Migration, volunteer, and always doings lots of other stuff.

Feel free to ask questions because I'm here for you!
    Kurst "YipYap" Hyperyote

#38293 Quote
    Why are you guys thinking of only one picnic a year?
    #38294 Quote
    And another note where do you else want to have the meets at?
    #38295 Quote
    You are taking away my dramatic flair. I should just be mysterious and say, “Find out at the community meeting” 😛

Right now the plan is still to do two picnics. But with all kinds of other event possibilities, we want to find out from the community if they want picnics, or if they want more new types of events. Right now we don’t know what the community wants us to focus on.

More info at the Community Forum. And don’t worry! If you can’t make it, there will be notes online afterwards, courtesy of Euro.

#38337 Quote
    Updated Agenda:

Introductions (Community)
    -Tell us who you are and one interesting fact about you.

What do you want from your fur group? – A Discussion of Scope (Community)
    -What should the local group do for the community?
    -Services
    -Events
    -Etc

What the heck is MNFurs and why do we need a board of directors? (Aerak)

Feedback for the Board (Community)
    -What has the board done poorly?
    -What has the board done well?
    -What can be done differently?

MNFurs Board Election (Aerak)
    -Why care?
    -How to vote
    -How to run

The Future of These Meetings (Community)
    -Should the board be able to attend these meetings?
    -Deciding on the next meeting time and location

#38341 Quote
    I mean no harm
    #38352 Quote
    Thank you to everyone who attended. We had a smaller crowd due to amazing weather and Fursquared going on the same weekend, but I still feel we got some great feedback and it’s definitely momentum we can build on.

We will have the notes from this meeting online later this week.

#38360 Quote
    Yes, thank you to all who showed up and thank you Aerak for organizing and starting these back up again.  I look forward to the next one!

I also want to thank those who gave their input on everything Events-related.  I have some ideas of the submission form that I want to modify as well as some bigger ideas for the community with events as a whole.  Once I have everything planned out, I am going to works towards those goals.

See everyone next time!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.