Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Would it be ok to bring any meat?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    I do go hunting but ONLY (I wont ever hunt for trophies!) for food since my family has a hard time with financial things once and a while. Recently both me and my dad got some food so we have a bit extra than we can eat and I would hate for it to go to waste. It is venison (Deer meat) so I was a bit ehhhhh about bringing that since it is a bit unusual and I wasn’t sure if there would be any vegetarians. I also dont know if people would think its wrong for a furry to hunt?? Idk 🙁

"The greatest value comes from loving yourself for who you are" ~Lindsey Stirling

#46497 Quote
    Every picnic we’ve had in recent times, there’s been a grill to cook food. It’s the understanding that being a potluck, people can bring whatever they would like except for anything against park rules such as drugs and alcohol.
    #46498 Quote
    Meat is fine, people bring all sorts of meat dishes.

Crockpot dishes like chili, meatballs and cocktail weenies are pretty standard fare. Plus we usually have a grill and grillmaster to grill things like burgers and hot dogs

#46516 Quote

I do go hunting but ONLY (I wont ever hunt for trophies!) for food since my family has a hard time with financial things once and a while. Recently both me and my dad got some food so we have a bit extra than we can eat and I would hate for it to go to waste. It is venison (Deer meat) so I was a bit ehhhhh about bringing that since it is a bit unusual and I wasn’t sure if there would be any vegetarians. I also dont know if people would think its wrong for a furry to hunt?? Idk

Venison would be great! I’m a hunter too and I only hunt what I can eat. We are a very accepting community with different beliefs. Some eat meat, some don’t. Some hunt, some don’t. I think it’s sweet of you to ask ahead of time so everyone’s happy (it shows your character) but respect goes both ways. My sister’s vegan and she doesn’t eat meat as a result, but she doesn’t get mad at me when I sit down to dinner with her and I have a hamburger on my plate, just as I don’t make fun of her for choosing not to eat meat. We respect each other’s beliefs.

In my case I think it’s especially appropriate to hunt because I’m a wolf after all 🙂

Where do you live? Perhaps we fellow canines could hunt together!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Tyrell.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Tyrell.

Engineer by day, artist by night.

#46925 Quote
    Heck yah, love me some venison!

Electronic Music - EDM, Industrial, Synth
    Nocturnal
     - You will rarely see me during the day, I work nights
    Demi-Sexual - Fun first, flirt later
    Foodie - Food Adventures constantly, not a fan of fish though

#46961 Quote
    If you have maple sticks I’ll be your friend for life 😛

I’m also a hunter, I bow hunt and like you I don’t hunt for sport.

"The problem is not that there are too many idiots in the world, the problem is the distribution of lightning."
    - Mark Twain

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.