Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

2015 MNFurs Board Election Announcement

Home Forums MNFurs Announcements 2015 MNFurs Board Election Announcement

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Then go thank a committee member for pullin ya out of the fire..

And please don’t mischaracterize this as “attacking anyone”.. Thats just.. Well its stupid.  If you cant stand up on two little feet and say “yeah, im the better man/gal” for the job, than you know where i stand.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Cencewolf.
    #29562 Quote
    Well, Cence, like I said there’s a difference between thinking that you’re the better person for the job, and saying “I want to replace that person, specifically”, especially when the election is for several seats, not just one.  You may not have meant the question antagonistically, but that’s the way it would end up coming across.  As for each candidate saying they think they’re the ‘better person for the job’, well…that’s what each of us have done by putting ourselves up for election.  If we didn’t think that we were the right person, we wouldn’t be doing this in the first place.  After all, what is there for us to gain from being elected?  It’s not a paid position, and it’s certainly not public or high-profile enough to provide any sense of personal glory.  It’s all about serving the community, and helping the group grow.
    #29563 Quote
    Thank you krios,  yes we can agree on that.

(yes im editing this, it submitted prematurely). I still think a candidate ought to be able to say it, but thats just uniquely me.

#29567 Quote
    Is this an MN Furs event?
    #29568 Quote
    The election?  Yes?  It’s an election for the MNFurs Board of Directors.  I may not entirely be understanding what you’re asking, though.
    #29569 Quote
    Seems like the whole point of this ongoing argument is that this whole process is a feel-good, family-friendly, non-confrontational event that doesn’t have any meat to it.  Last year when I was the one asking the questions, I put out hard questions myself, and was halfway impressed that some people actually gave meaningful answers, and made others stutter.

People who can answer hard questions from the depths of their being, without fluffing it full of “for the good of the community” answers are the people I have the most respect for.  Tell me why YOU are better than everyone else, not how well you work with the whole field.  What structure do you have as an individual, in the event you can’t, or won’t stand for something that goes against your beliefs in what the community is about?

But I guess that kind of thing is just too much for the committee to deal with.  Hopefully some day we’ll get people who can take that question and fly with it.  I know full well I’d not hesitate to do either, were I put in either position.

#29570 Quote

Is this an MN Furs event?

Minnesota Furs is a non-profit organization. As part of being a non-profit organization we have an elected board of directors that handle the day to day operations of Minnesota Furs.

In Minnesota a non-profit group must be govern by a board of director with at least three board members that have specific fiduciary duties that including the duty of loyalty, the duty of care, and the duty of obedience as defined by the law and the founding documents of Minnesota Furs.

As with other states there must be rules how these board members are put on the board. They could be board members for life, they could be determine by a poker tournament, or they could be determine by election in some manor. As part of the organization rules that were submitted to the state and federal government Minnesota Furs is run by a election voted in by volunteers of the organization for these volunteer positions.

Is the election an MNFurs event?
    Yes.

Is it a fun event?
    No, but we have to do it.

More information about the MNFurs board visit board of directors and our operation documents.

Member of Minnesota Furs a 501c3 Non Profit, former Convention Chairman for Furry Migration, volunteer, and always doings lots of other stuff.

Feel free to ask questions because I'm here for you!
    Kurst "YipYap" Hyperyote

#29571 Quote
    Wow, Arashiin.. Well said.

as somome who HAS asked the questions,… Its nice to hear that the real reason i want an answer to these “difficult” questions has a lot more merit than the way my questions have been demonized. I hope this is not lost on all other community members.

If you watch the candidate dialogue.. (And to hell what you think of me) the entirety of the questions asked were comically… Irrelevant. a bunch of happy/friendly generic time filling questions that do not inspire, frustrate, encourage or require any deviation from one answer to the next… Probably why the “go to” answer is “uh, what the last guy said…” + (insert random pro community sentence)

as I am re-reading this now.. I realize i have over 2 freeking pages of back and forth dialogue here and for the life of me, i cant figure out why.. we arent going to ask the hard questions, we arent going to ask questions that dont relate to EVERY candidate and we arent going to say anything that could encourage a sense of compitition.  Oh wait.. It IS a compitition?  Well we arent going to say anything that could be considered oppositional… Oh wait.. They ARE opponents?  well.. Im out of logic… Cant really even call this a debate. Its more of a.. Candidate consensus discussion.

I guess the real crime here is that the candidates only had fountain drinks. I didnt see a single coffee cake or donut through the entire taping. dropping the ball here election committee..

this whole process.. Year after year.. Just.. Is a mentally exhausting time consumimg “meatless” social event. Every year like a fool i have to relearn how frustrating and one sided these elections can be.. All organization, no Community. The good news.. Is next year you wont as much see a post it note from me. Far be it from me to be the one guy who wants to use these elections like you know,.. An election.

#29572 Quote

as somome who HAS asked the questions,… Its nice to hear that the real reason i want an answer to these “difficult” questions has a lot more merit than the way my questions have been demonized. I hope this is not lost on all other community members.

Nothing stops you from asking those questions to the Candidates in the forum. That was part of the reason why I assumed they were setup. Then you don’t have to worry about the Election Committee censoring you.

#29583 Quote
    Getting curious huh Mr. Puma?  The document has been posted.
    #29585 Quote
    deleted-
    #29586 Quote
    Also deleted.
    #29589 Quote
    Well I’d love to get into it, but that’s my opinion wether or not you believe it to be correct.  as I’ve said, I don’t participate in this.  I don’t volunteer, therefore I don’t vote, and as such it makes this whole thing pretty irrelevant to me anyways.  As for the meets, yeah I go there also, I’ve seen this…

-J

#29590 Quote
    I dont involve myself in your social activity, make you look like a clown, dont do it to me brother,
    #29591 Quote
    J-Fox: You say, “I actually miss the days of just showing up and being friendly and meeting new people, now it’s all “bi-laws, rules politics, and self endowed titles”. I am curious, how has the formation of a board of directors changed any aspect of the furmeets or other events? As far as I know from my own experiences and those I hear of from others, the board is like the background task on a computer. Our “foundation” events have not changed in years, and I’ve been a furry in this state for ten of them.

Cence: Unfortunately I don’t think there is much I can say or do to make this election right in your mind. It’s being run by a committee, and given that I’m a candidate this year I really can’t step in and try to dictate how it’s being run. I, like everyone else it seems, agree with certain actions and disagree with others. I can promise that no matter the outcome, there will be a post mordem and this entire election process will be reviewed.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.