Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

– 2015 Spring + Summer Events Discussion –

Home Forums MNFurs Discussions – 2015 Spring + Summer Events Discussion –

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Perhaps a group venture through one of the many haunted houses around the area this October?
    #32708 Quote

Perhaps a group venture through one of the many haunted houses around the area this October?

This can be tabled for a discussion towards the end of the summer too, but we need to be careful towards the end of October.  This is when we do ZooBoo at Como Park Zoo & Conservatory.

Out of curiosity, what areas around the metro do you know of and that might accept costume-performing (fursuits)?

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#32710 Quote
    Well, I have another idea, not just for the summer time but also year round. Maybe we can do community outreach, volunteering, and fundraising in the area? Like maybe do Feed my Starving Children and things of that nature. I believe it would do wonders for us furs and the people who don’t quite understand us. It would shed some light on our small but awesome community, while doing great things for others ^-^

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.

#32712 Quote
    Thank you for the ideas, Raevos!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#32713 Quote
    No problem! Just glad to help ^-^

#32716 Quote
    Another inquiry that has me curious…What is the Feed my Starving Children about and where is this usually held?

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#32719 Quote
    Here’s their website – http://fmsc.org/about  . I’ve volunteered with groups packing meals a couple times now, it’s very rewarding. They are located in Eagan, Coon Rapids, and Chanhassen.

#32720 Quote
    I would like to second Feed My Starving Children. I’ve done it several times with friends and family both at local churches and elsewhere, and it’s always very fulfilling.
    #32727 Quote
    Hmm, I will look more into this after FM.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#32770 Quote
    And this has a location near me!!! Chanhassen!! Even Eagan would be GREAT for me! So much stuff is too far for me to roam to!

It is truly an awesome program!

Amethyst

Help me remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that You and I together cannot handle!

#32771 Quote
    Another really fun thing to do is the Operation Christmas Child’s Shoebox Ministry.

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/

One would want to start collecting items as soon as possible and then we could have a Shoebox packing party in the fall — I would make sure the boxes get to a dropoff location. There is $7 fee to help ship the boxes, but I think it would be manageable.

Granted this is a “Faith-Based” organization, but I don’t think that should keep us from doing good for kids in Third World Countries.

Amethyst

Help me remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that You and I together cannot handle!

#32774 Quote
    This can be looked at more after FM.  🙂

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#32783 Quote
    Yep, and another thing I thought sounded interesting is:

“Helping Bags” to keep in the car when you pass homeless people.

HELPING BAGS

INGREDIENTS:
    Gallon size Ziplock bags
    chap stick
    packages of tissues
    toothbrush and toothpaste
    comb
    soap
    hotel size shampoos
    trail mix
    granola bars
    crackers
    pack of gum
    band aids
    mouthwash
    coins or predetermined dollar amount, say 5.00 (could be used to make a phone call, or purchase a food item)
    hand wipes
    you could also put in a warm pair of socks
    a packet rain poncho
    tampons (for women)

The ideas could be endless!

Assemble all the items in the bags, and maybe throw in a note of encouragement. Seal the bags and stow in your car for just the right moment.

Again something we could collect items for and then have a packing party.

Amethyst

#32785 Quote
    Those sound like fantastic ideas!! I’d love to do them ^-^

#32787 Quote
    1, I think it’s a really great Idea,
    And 2 Tampons are useful in more situations then just the typical use XD Hahaha. Guys could use them to.

I don't meow but, Meow.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.