Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

2021 Mill Ruins Fursuit Romp

Home Forums Events 2021 Mill Ruins Fursuit Romp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    MNFurs first Fursuit Romp of 2021

[See the full post at: 2021 Mill Ruins Fursuit Romp]

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by MNFursStaff.
    #58733 Quote
    – HEY THERE! –

This is kind of a TL;DR post, but for those attending, please read through this as there is a lot of important information here!

Hey there, Drake here with some additional posts on the romp…With MN slowly opening back up and restrictions loosening up greatly, safety is still something I want to keep in mind during the event…With this being the first in-person event I have hosted since pre-pandemic, I will be able to observe what I need to modify with future in-person events.  While fully vaccinated people are no longer required to wear a mask, I am still going to ask that people who are not in fursuit to wear a mask when around others attending…I am fully vaccinated, but I am still going to be wearing a mask out of respect of others.  Below are some links from the CDC website on mask guidelines and types of masks.

URL 1 – Mask Guidelines –> HERE

URL 2 – Types of Masks –> HERE

Next up, more as a reminder, I often am asked if fursuit romps are exclusive to fursuiters only and this is incorrect.  The romps are open to all community members of all ages.  Don’t have a suit and just want to come and hang out with others?  No problem, come on our and join us.  This is a good way to be with your friends, meet new community members, socialize, & ultimately, have fun!

HANDLERS – For those who are coming out and do not have a fursuit, handlers will be a need.  For anyone attending who wants to assist in handling then let me know.  A handlers tasks involve assisting fursuiters with water when needed, notifying of obstacles coming up to be mindful of (ex. Steps, walking down a slope, or low hanging object), general public approaching for interactions, & holding on to personal belongings that do not want to be kept in a vehicle.

Lastly, below is a list of items I will be bringing to the romp to provide to all of those attending…

– Bulk bottles of water

– Fun-sized snacks

– Disposable face masks

NOTICE:  List will update if I think of other items

~ Drake M.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Drake M..

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#58734 Quote
    Isn’t that more disrespectful to hold fursuit romps near ruins? It not only makes it seem anyone attending dose not care about the tragedy that happened but it makes whoever is in fursuits and partial fursuit out as not caring and gladly use ruins for attention and to try and be popular.
    #58735 Quote
    Isn’t that more disrespectful to hold fursuit romps near ruins? It not only makes it seem anyone attending dose not care about the tragedy that happened but it makes whoever is in fursuits and partial fursuit out as not caring and gladly use ruins for attention and to try and be popular.

The mill ruins are not representative of the 1878 explosion that occurred up the hill. They’re the foundations of smaller mills that got abandoned around the 40s and were demolished. They are not linked any human tragedy at all, just the decline of the milling industry.

I think it’s safe to assume nobody is trying to be popular or capitalizing on this, that’s a very specific assumption. This is friends having fun after a long time of not being able to see each other.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Rai.
    #58737 Quote
    This is friends having fun after a long time of not being able to see each other.
    Yes, what I have quoted above from Katla is exactly it…This is the first romp since before the pandemic that has been setup. Simply put, a fun time for us to get together and have fun.  Thank you!

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#58738 Quote
    I would love to go, but I have a feeling I may be tied up with another activity. If I can make it, I will do my best to come as a handler. Also, what is the attendance cap, if any?

Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Till your good is better, and your better is the best.

Poetry is power.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

#58739 Quote

I would love to go, but I have a feeling I may be tied up with another activity. If I can make it, I will do my best to come as a handler. Also, what is the attendance cap, if any?

I do hope to see you come out as it will be fun and I currently am not putting an attendance cap on it since this is an outdoor event.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#58758 Quote
    I’m so exited! This will be my first romp in my furry career cuz I finally made a fursuit and a character that I’m happy with lolz. If you see me come say hello!
    #58760 Quote

I’m so exited! This will be my first romp in my furry career cuz I finally made a fursuit and a character that I’m happy with lolz. If you see me come say hello!

See you there!

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#58761 Quote
    I somewhat understand but aside from location it’s just going to be like all meetup’s and romps. Only for the fursuiters to get as much attention in one location whole non suiters are pushed away like they ruin everything, or shoved in the background of photos like they aren’t worthy.
    #58763 Quote

I can see why that may feel very upsetting.
    If it helps, usually there are events/meetups specifically for non-suiters as well, with COVID kinda throwing several wrenches in that. We used to go to Perkins for example! No fursuiting there.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Fedora.
    #58773 Quote
    One note too: These events aren’t all about the suiters. For years, I’ve seen several groups of people who came to the Rosemount meetups, just to chat with people and play tabletop games. They never brought suits. Just because an event allows fursuits doesn’t mean that those of us without suits are shunned.
    #58778 Quote
    Not even all suiters bring suits. I, for one, sometimes just go for the sake of getting a bit of walking in and hanging out with a couple people for food after. People need to get over this “the fandom/events are for suiters only” mentality. They’re for anyone who wants to go.
    #58779 Quote
    Hard to really get over it when it’s a clear everyone brushes that issue under the rug along with every other problem and act like everything is normal, body language and photo’s says it all, suiters in the front of photo’s for all the attention, non suiters pushed in back like a class system.
    #58803 Quote
    Man, unfortunately I just got my work schedule for June and I’m scheduled right over the time that this is happening. Hope the rest of you have fun!! Hopefully I can go to a future romp since I still have yet to attend one 🙂
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.