Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

– BIG 2015 SPRING/SUMMER EVENT –

Home Forums MNFurs Discussions – BIG 2015 SPRING/SUMMER EVENT –

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    – HELLO EVERYONE –

After having a small meeting with the rest of the Events Dept last month, an idea was pitched…This idea is related to getting our neighboring communities together in collaboration.

What do I mean by this?  The Magic City Furs (use to be MONFurs) and the RRVF (Red River Valley Furs) always make the efforts and drive the distances to attend our events (ex. picnics), so I want to return the favor in that sense and reach out to them…

When will this happen?  This is TBD…I would estimate either this year or next year.  This needs to be gathered, made, raised, cooked, and settled properly.

The idea is to work with the main admins and/or event coordinators with these two communities.  I have spoken briefly with Feral Rignasty (Magic City Furs) and she is all for the initial idea.  I have also conversed with Neevi Panda and he is on board for this idea as well…Will eventually try and touch base with his other admin Hashtagnd.

To go more into this idea, we would find a place to all meet up halfway…This would be anywhere from Alexandria to Detroit Lakes.  I know Alexandria has a nice camping ground area and I use to live in DL before moving here and know the area well.  As far as what activities would be planned, I have no idea as this idea is not in motion yet.

Again, this is just an idea for now…Once I decide to get serious about this, I know there will be lots of planning in logistics.  This is, however, something I really want to do…Now comes the discussion part.

What do you (the community) think about this?

Do you have any location ideas?

Do you have any activity ideas?

What do you imagine in this collaboration?

ACTIVITIES MENTIONED:  Camping, water park

LOCATIONS MENTIONED:  Fergus Falls, Alexandria, Glenwood, Detroit Lakes, Brainerd

PLACES MENTIONED:  Hotel/convention center, campgrounds

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#23875 Quote
    I would love to have an event slightly closer to home.  (who am i kidding from here to alexandria is 4hours XD) but still would be cool to have an event that is closer to some of the farther away furs.
    #23880 Quote
    Would be a interesting weekend if a camp ground was overrun with people in fursuits. I wish that there were more activities or meets in the southern region of the state, everything is further north.
    #23881 Quote
    I think it’d be fun. A furry camping event or something sounds awesome!
    #23883 Quote
    camping…. Alex…. I know that the state park is great and has several group camps to rent, but it fills up horribly fast reservation is 1 year to date in advance and it usally sells out. Alternatively there’s a hotel/ convention center/ waterpark in Alex as well. Also Glenwood (45 min south) has a very nice park as well also otter tail/battle lake is another good park. The big quasi downer is all state parks are technically dry.

I think this is a great idea and hope it does work.

#23886 Quote
    The Fergus Falls area is another option.  There’s plenty of campgrounds, and it’s off I-29 so it’d be easier to find/get to.  As far as distances it’s about 2.5 hours out of Minneapolis and 3.5 hours out of the Bismarck area (and an hour out of Fargo-Moorhead *shifty eyes* XD) so it’s fairly half way between both.

Iunno really, just tossing an idea out thar~ 😛

#23887 Quote
    If memory serves, and I only know this stopping for gas there once, Alexandria has a beautiful and picturesque lake that’d be fun to camp out next to. And being a smaller town, it’d definitely be a sight for the locals to see. :3 Especially with a more significant turnout.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 12 months ago by Kelossi.

Psst

#23901 Quote
    I like the idea of an occasional event a bit outside of the metro, gives a good reason to get out now and then.
    #23902 Quote
    Thank you to those that mentioned ideas in regards to my inquiries in the initial post.

I have made some small updates to my initial post as well.

An FA journal was also made by Neevi Panda on their RRVF FA page.  There is strong interest there.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#23903 Quote
    I think we should organize something in Duluth.  Have a romp along boardwalk and shore of Lake Superior, take our fun to those who can’t get to us regularly.  I’m just putting out there as like a vacation meet.  The thing is that we don’t have to limit ourselves to just camping and state parks though I do understand that we have a lot of them.
    #23904 Quote
    I wouldn’t mind seeing stuff happen in the southern region as sometimes it can be really hard to get up north. 🙂 It’s not really suiting friendly, but Welch has inner tubing down the Cannon River with ice cream next door at Trout Scream. If you call ahead, King’s in Miesville could be a good place to do an alternate meet as they have a back room that occasionally gets utilized for meetings (that’s where I work so I’m a little biased of course :P). There’s a nice little park in Downtown Red Wing right along the Mississippi that might be a good spot for a suiting outing (I’m not sure what their rules for suiting are there since I don’t have a suit and am still kinda new to the fandom).

That’s about all I can think of right now as I’m still familiarizing myself with Minnesota and furry stuff. xD

#23907 Quote
    Van and Tyger, these are some fun ideas and I would like to see these not being lost in the shuffle of things…I actually just got done creating a thread that I encourage you two to copy/paste to –> https://www.mnfurs.org/forums/topic/regional-event-discussions/#post-23906

Storm, you mentioned on wanting something more southern and Rina more northern.  You two should post some ideas in the link above if some come up.  =)

Going back on topic, since the RRVF and MCFurs are in the Fargo/Moorhead/Minot area, I want to try and have something more close to them…This means an event more in the west direction.

I am not trying to shun the suggested ideas, but in the nature of this particular thread, I want to cater more towards the RRVF and MCFurs group.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#23934 Quote
    – UPDATES –

– Thread title change –> OFFICIAL NAME COMING SOON –> NOT USING MNFURS OR ANY OTHER GROUP NAME TITLES

– Venues are being researched –> INFORMATION PRINTED FROM MULTIPLE LOCATIONS

– Location vote –> COMING SOON

– In conversation with RRVF and MCF admin(s)

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#23937 Quote
    Just a quick hello to the board in general.

I’m Hashtag the new organizer for the Red River Valley Furs!

I just wanted to say that I’m very interested to see what we can do to make this event a reality and not only support my local furs but others from the MN, ND, Canada,  or any other regions that can’t easily attend events with all of us.

#me

#23942 Quote
    – UPDATES –

– More communication between RRVF and MCF admins

– The journals, the journals –> http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/5748936/ + http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/5746895/ + http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/5738805/ –> FEEL FREE TO SHARE IDEAS

– Location vote along with more important inquiries –> COMING SOON

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.