Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

– BIG 2015 SPRING/SUMMER EVENT –

Home Forums MNFurs Discussions – BIG 2015 SPRING/SUMMER EVENT –

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    – QUESTION #1 –

Hello everyone, I have a couple of questions I want to ask those who are interested in this big event…Before asking, the MCFurs and RRVF admins are conversing with their community members and taking a vote on a location they would like to see this event happen.  So far Alexandria and Fergus Falls have a couple of hits.

For those interested, where would you like to see this happen?  Below is a list of locations being used in the voting between communities…

– Alexandria

– Fergus Falls

– Glenwood

– Detroit Lakes

– Brainerd

– Other?

– QUESTION #2 –

What would be some reasons you would want to go to this event?  The reason why I am asking this question is because sometimes people do not go to something unless it has something that…Caters to them per-say.  For example, let’s say this is a simple camping event…What would you want entailed with it to get you more excited about it?

MORE QUESTIONS COMING SOON

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#23971 Quote
    I can and do readily go near most of those locations so that doesnt particularly matter to me. As for what Id like to see? I’d like to be able to camp, since I havent in forever, but also Itd be nice if we could do swimming/boating or something. I enjoy water activities. I also enjoy fun grilling/campire foods.

I know theres always games and stuff, I know theres a version of Slenderman you can play with people IRL, and a few others for late night fun =3

Wut o.o

Im Sike AND Banana

#23972 Quote
    I’d say that if this is an event to make it easier for the MCF and RRVF to attend then Fergus (FURgus?) Falls or Detroit Lakes are probably the better locations. As far as activities during, I personally have no preference. Just the chance to meet/hang out with new furs is enough to peek my interest.

I used

the whole page

for this!

#23974 Quote
    Sike – Thanks for the input…Camping seems to be the biggest hit mentioned.  Once I get the tallies from the MCF and RRVF admins, I will keep that for a bit and see when/if I get more input here…Then I will have a final location decided upon.  Camping will most likely be the main activity at this point and as far as swimming, boating, etc, I will incorporate this into my research.

Norm – Thank you for the feedback…I like these two locations as well and Alexandria I like as well.  We will see what the rest of the other two groups think and when/if I get more input here.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#23975 Quote
    Location isn’t an issue for me. As for the event, I’m very new to this community so I’m pretty much for activities involved in introductions since I had a hard time introducing myself at the previous meet at Perkins in late April. Other than that, im game for pretty much anything

#23980 Quote
    Rex – Thank you for the input…Glad that you are up for wherever this event goes.  I am still in the info gathering phases and it will be for a little while still.  As I mentioned in my initial post, we will see if this still launches this summer…

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#23994 Quote
    I’d be down as long as I can get a ride (of course I’ll pay for gas)

"You're addicted to caffeine" "I am not, I can stop whenever I want" "so stop?" "I said when I want!"

#24001 Quote
    Redpanda – Yeah, car pooling will be something I am going to push when this event really gets moving.  For most it will be a lot of driving so people will want to pool together.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#24039 Quote
    – LOCATION UPDATES –

After doing some conversing with the RRVF and MCF admins, I am getting near the time to deciding upon a final location.  As of right now, Alexandria has been the biggest location mentioned after hearing feedback from the other admins.  I am still going to leave locations open to vote on for the rest of this week for those in MNFurs who are interested in this.

In keeping the popular location in mind, what do people think of Alexandria?  Or do you want to vote on another location?  You can review my post at the top for the listed locations.

– ACTIVITY UPDATES –

After conversing with the other admins, camping has been the big hit for an activity…Then again, it’s an activity that fits well with the season of Spring/Summer.  I have a feeling, in the end, that this will be the main activity in combination with the location.

For those interested, how does camping sound?  Have anymore thoughts?

I now want to shift attention as I present another big question…

– QUESTION #3 –

Before inquiring, I know that many of you have busy personal and work lives…Some also are in school and are busy with their studies.  Are you attending a con that may interfere?  Whatever the case may be, we have lives outside of extra-curricular.  Now comes the question that will unfold into a small series…

What months work for everybody?

What dates work for everybody?

What time frames work for everybody?

Why am I asking these questions?  Because I want to try and work with the busy lives of as many as possible…I want to see many of YOU there.  Please go ahead and think this over and share your answers, discuss further, etc.

Thank you!

~ Drake M.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by Drake M..

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#24043 Quote
    I work again this summer, but I can try to take off whenever were doing the event =3. Otherwise I don’t think I have anything too major in the way, at least until August. Anything between now and then should work.

Wut o.o

Im Sike AND Banana

#24046 Quote
    Well I did a preliminary search for open group camps in state parks near the cities listed by drake… and sadly this is what I found.  From my experience group camps at state park tend to fill up quickly and only can be reserved one year to date in advance, with the best weekends being slurped up that day they become available, (kind of like Anime Detour).  As such a group will need to act quickly that day to get it.
    Alexandria : Lake Carlos State Park – Full until September

Fergus Falls: Maplewood State Park – the weekend after memorial day open, full after that

Glenwood: Glacier Lakes State Park – weekend after memorial day open, full after that

Detroit Lakes: Glendalough State Park – Weekend after memorial day open, full after that

Brainerd: Crow Wing State Park- 2 Weekends after memorial day open and full after that

So if we are looking to do this summer we ran out of time to do a camping event at a state park.  In my preliminary research I made the following assumptions:

1. We are looking at group camps only.

2. I only looked at the following parks above

3. I assumed a weekend event aka Friday, Saturday and Sunday

4.  I only looked from today 19 May 2014 until 31 August 2014.

– Other?

#24048 Quote
    Hmm, in light of that it might be another picnic situation. I’m don’t have a solid opinion in any department aside from preferring weekends. The main thing is finding a site that will accommodate everyone who wants to attend, after that it’s all gravy.

Psst

#24049 Quote
    Ski – Per our voice chat last night, I appreciate you looking into many campgrounds…It gave me a good idea on how quickly these campgrounds get reserved.  It has also given me good insight on what to look for like group camping and everything that it entails…Thanks again, Ski !

Kelossi – This will be on a weekend…

In all honesty and realistically, I had a solid feeling that this would not happen this year.  This is why I am more or less just gathering information from here and from the other two groups…Hence the posts with the big questions.  This way I know from the majority a good month, date, etc and I can quickly reserve something right away.

Also, with this being a collaborative event (collaborative as in working with other communities), I do not want this to be rushed…I’ve had some wanting me to hurry up and get this rolling.  Something like this takes time to be successful in multiple perspectives.  I do not want to just throw this together in a hasty manner and then expect a hundred people to show up…Does not work that way.

Let’s return focus to my post with question #3 as I will appreciate the feedback.

– UPDATES –

– Thread title change

– More side conversations with RRVF and MCF admins

– Decision made to make this a 2015 Spring/Summer event

~ Drake M.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by Drake M.. Reason: Adding in more info I felt is necessary

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#24051 Quote
    Well I completely agree that this will not be able to take flight this year.  That is just asking too much from those that are attempting to get this going, getting to fine details, and then hey…advertising.
    Activities are somewhat difficult to nail down when it comes to camping because I’ve recently found out not a whole lot of people have been camping.
    “Don’t you just roast marshmallows? Make S’mores?”  Nah! You build fires, roast hotdogs, grill burgers, go fishing, play games of horseshoes, go on little hiking trails and pray that you don’t get eaten by zombie bunnies from another dimension, tell ghost stories, etc.

What I do know, is that August is usually my busy month; School starts again, birthday parties for little girls, and 2015 will be my 5-year transplant physical.  I do not know what this includes, but the normal annual physicals put me out of commission for a week or two.  And August is what, generally the hottest month of the year?  Imagine we’d probably all be down swimming somewhere rather than suiting, or relaxing in the shade.

I will ask the other admins and community members about question #3, but I will likely not be able to get a whole lot of feedback unless I pull a party out of my rear this weekend and attempt discussion time at some point.

#24052 Quote
    Feral – Thanks for your input and I read through your FB post.

– CLOSING NOTES –

Okay, so now that there has been discussion on this from here, FAjournals, FB posts, side conversations, etc…I am going to leave this thread as is.  Feel free to continue any conversations on this topic if you want.

Sometime towards the end of next winter, I will revive this thread and start my planning early and get something reserved.

For those of you that still wanted to see something happen, feel free to mention other ideas besides camping…Ideas can turn into something.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.