Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Announcing the MNFurs 2016 Spring Picnic!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Thompson Park

Might be a problem with that Hikyuuri. I was just scanning the ordinances and saw this:

“Section E – Engine-powered Models and Toys It shall be unlawful for any person to start, fly or use any &el- or battery-powered model aircraft, model boat, model car, or rocket or like powered toy or model within a County Park, except in those areas or waters designated by the Park Director for such use.”

Drake please correct me if I’m wrong.

#40599 Quote
    Shadow, thank you for bringing this up!

I will respond back tomorrow sometime as I will need time to look into this.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#40603 Quote

Silly question, but does anyone know if there is power there?

Yes there is proper electricity according to the amenities on the main website. ~ Drake M.

To extend on that answer, I did go down to the picnic shelter yesterday, and there is a good amount of outlets avaliable. Several of them of them are near the kitchen window (good news for those bringing food in that will be in slow cookers), and the rest are on a few posts around the parameter of the shelter.

Augie Doodle

Furry Migration Con Ops Staff (Wandering Host) - Fursuiter - MNFurs Volunteer

#40614 Quote

Might be a problem with that Hikyuuri. I was just scanning the ordinances and saw this.  Drake please correct me if I’m wrong.

I saw that section in the ordinances.  I left a voice message with one of the managers with the Dakota County Parks & Recreations Department as I want his input.  Once I hear back and get answers, then there will be a definitive answer on this.

Thank you!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#40621 Quote
    As an update, I spoke to the manager and they are doing no exceptions and sticking with the county park ordinances (they even referred to Section E as well).  That being said the quad-copter cannot be permitted for use at the park.

Very sorry @Hikyuuri

~ Drake M.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Drake M..

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#40825 Quote
    Ack! Why did it have to be on a weekend that I work..TvT

I’ll try to see about leaving early and being there for a few hours.

In solitary moments magpies will perch on a branch and mutter soft soliloquies of whines and squeals and chatterings, oblivious to what goes on around them. It is one of those things, I suppose, intelligence now and then does, must in fact now and then do, must think, must play, must imagine, must talk to itself. What, finally, intelligence could be for: finding your way back.

#40850 Quote
    As for the ordinances, do they prohibit Kites?  It would be interesting to hoist a camera up on a kite in place.

Or even do our own version of a Japanese kite battle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13nlccGX548

Well maybe the kites not so big.

#40852 Quote

As for the ordinances, do they prohibit Kites? It would be interesting to hoist a camera up on a kite in place.

I am pretty certain kites are fine because it is not something battery powered flying around.  Attaching a camera or GoPro to it should be fine as well.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#41138 Quote
    Augh, shoot. I’m gonna have a table I need to be at over at MSP ComicCon.

Say hi if you’re there, though! Not too many Gerbils in 3-D glasses over there to confuse me with.

#41142 Quote
    Hope the weather changes back to nice soon
    #41144 Quote

Hope the weather changes back to nice soon

I’m hoping so too.  Right now the forecast for Saturday is a high in the high 50s, but rain (non severe) likely in the evening.  Picnic does go rain or shine but let’s hope the rains hold off like last spring.

UPDATE: The rain chance is now off the forecast!  Will keep watching though in case it comes back

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Augie Doodle.

Augie Doodle

Furry Migration Con Ops Staff (Wandering Host) - Fursuiter - MNFurs Volunteer

#41171 Quote
    Hey all! So I’m not from Minnesota, I’m actually just here for the week for work (there is a dance competition happening in Saint Paul and I am doing lights.) Are out of State furs welcome at this event? I also have an odd question… is there anywhere in or near the park that would be Semi Truck friendly? I would only have the cab and no trailer. If not, then I may need to jump on the rides forum as that truck is my only vehicle right now.
    #41173 Quote

Hey all! So I’m not from Minnesota, I’m actually just here for the week for work (there is a dance competition happening in Saint Paul and I am doing lights.) Are out of State furs welcome at this event? I also have an odd question… is there anywhere in or near the park that would be Semi Truck friendly? I would only have the cab and no trailer. If not, then I may need to jump on the rides forum as that truck is my only vehicle right now.

We draw hundreds of people for these picnics from MN and all the surrounding states. You are definitely welcome to attend! =)

As for the truck question, I think Yarrick or Drake may have to field that one since I have never been to this particular park before.

#41174 Quote

I also have an odd question… is there anywhere in or near the park that would be Semi Truck friendly? I would only have the cab and no trailer. If not, then I may need to jump on the rides forum as that truck is my only vehicle right now.

Raydar, let me get back to you on this as I did not see anything prohibiting this in the county park ordinances, but I want to confirm with Parks & Recreation for a final answer.  I will respond here again later this afternoon!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#41180 Quote

I also have an odd question… is there anywhere in or near the park that would be Semi Truck friendly? I would only have the cab and no trailer. If not, then I may need to jump on the rides forum as that truck is my only vehicle right now.

Raydar, let me get back to you on this as I did not see anything prohibiting this in the county park ordinances, but I want to confirm with Parks & Recreation for a final answer. I will respond here again later this afternoon! ~ Drake M.

Perfect. Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussions For Spring Picnic’ is closed to new topics and replies.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.