Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Community Group Meeting, 10/26/12

Home Forums MNFurs Meeting Notes and Times Community Group Meeting, 10/26/12

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Here’s a fun one for you!  The Community Group, in charge of working with the community, will be holding its next meeting at the Willowgate Restaurant in Roseville, MN.  This will be held at 7pm in the back side room for those that know the location.  For those that don’t, you can find it at: 1885 Perimeter Drive, Roseville, MN.  It’s basically right off Highway 36 close to the Roseville Mall.  Again, it's Friday October 26th, at 7pm, at Willowgate Restaurant near the Roseville Mall!

Questions?  Concerns?  Comments?  Add them here!

#8478 Quote
    To follow up on what Rida has said:

If you have ever thought about getting more involved with the group this is the perfect time to do so. We will be splitting the Community group into 3 subgroups to better focus our efforts moving forward. We need YOU – your ideas and your talent – to help decide the specific roles and responsibilities that each group will perform. Simply put, we have a board of directors now, but without your help and involvement, MNFurs, this community we have built together, can not shine.

Everyone who is interested is welcome to attend.

#8480 Quote
    Coulda waited one week so everyone would have a chance to show up cuz of zooboo.  Well I'm NOT at zooboo that day anymore so I could show up o.o. 😛
    #8482 Quote
    We wanted to have the meeting be sooner rather than later to avoid the feeling of being stuck in limbo. Unfortunately going forward schedules are becoming very crazy. It is becoming very difficult to pick a date that will work for everyone.

I apologize if some individuals who would like to attend are not able to. Get in contact with me and I will let you know what you missed and ways that you can help out.

#8483 Quote
    I am not sure if I can attend but what kind of topics will be discussed?  As far as dividing the community into 3 sub-groups, what would each group be responsible for?   I've been busy with work lately, but do wish to be involved.  Thanks for the info.

Furry Migration Staff (Volunteers) & MNFurs Board Member.

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Snap_E._Tiger

#8488 Quote
    My only concern is that that venue is SMALL.  It was tight fitting 15 people in there when we used it for steering; well at one table/section atleast.  Can we accommodate 30+ people at willowgate should we get a large attendance from the community?

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#8489 Quote
    Snap: I’ll PM you. I don’t want to go into too much info in advance in the forums. We have a plan, but I want to keep an air of mystery about the whole thing to get more people to attend and find out.

Yarrick: I have talked with the management – if we get more than 12 people Willowgate will open up the side room to us which can hold 24 comfortably; more if we really want to pack people in. If we get more than 30 I will be ecstatic and overjoyed.

#8494 Quote
    Aerak said:

Snap: I'll PM you. I don't want to go into too much info in advance in the forums. We have a plan, but I want to keep an air of mystery about the whole thing to get more people to attend and find out.

Thanks, I appreciate it.  After the halloween/MFF season is over,  I will be able to attend more meetings.  Right now its pretty crazy.

Furry Migration Staff (Volunteers) & MNFurs Board Member.

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Snap_E._Tiger

#8497 Quote
    If you were hoping to get a larger involvement from the group, why on earth would you hold a group meeting with less than 24 hours notification? This is the kind of thing you want to give like….a week’s worth of time for people to schedule free time to go to.

You do know ZooBoo volunteering starts tonight, right?

#8499 Quote
    Arashiin, point of clarification:  It's next Friday that it's being held!  I should have made that more clear in the post body, I'll be editing it in just a second to reflect that. Sorry if I caused any confusion!
    #8500 Quote
    Thank you. I just looks more closely above and found that. Yes, it would be a good idea to announce this clearly. I would also recommend making some sort of announcement at the Perkins meet to get more involvement.

I would also direct everyone to be aware that ZooBoo is this and next weekends, which has been previously scheduled for much longer than this community gathering. That being said, ZooBoo isn’t even posted on the Calander or Event list. You should look into that.

#8504 Quote
    Sadly I won’t be attending, I’ll be driving down for the Bi-Weekly meet the next day. We do have a lot of functions going on that weekend so I’m not going to fuss over it, but depending on how frequent these Community Meetings are to occur and what context they cover; in the future any collaboration between events would be better.
    #8517 Quote
    considering 1 of the topics will be the regional groups and such I shall be attending, as there are plans in the works for a North Metro group, and 2 events early next year (1 already having been proposed via submit event)

Look forward to seeing the board / steering groups thoughts and input my own on the topic as well.. I know we have several areas in and around the state that have a a sizable number of furs such as St. Cloud, Duluth, Moorhead / Fargo in addition to parts of the metro (N, S, W, E), and would love to see these areas starting to host their own events so its not just every few months at one of the bigger MNfurs meets that they see other furs

#8528 Quote
    Most of the agenda will be on splitting the comminity group into 3 divisions – a volunteer division, event management, and a research division. We will have a full agenda posted tonight.
    #8537 Quote
    As promised here’s the Agenda:

• Roll call
    • Short introduction from the board members present
    • Changes to the Community Group: why are we doing this?
    • Dividing the Community Group into subcommittees:
    • Volunteer Division overview
    • Event Management overview
    • Research Division overview
    • Discussion and thoughts on the subcommittees
    • Formation of subcommittees
    • Homework: Getting started/priorities from the Board
    • Choose time and location for next meeting

As a reminder, we will be having an open forum meeting on November 10th at 3pm at the furmeet Perkins (and yes, that’s a furmeet Saturday which should help folks make this meeting).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.