Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

– Events In General Discussion –

Home Forums MNFurs Discussions – Events In General Discussion –

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    – HEY THERE! –

Hey there, it’s your Events fox once again with more discussions.  A lot of my discussion threads are aimed at specific events and not aimed at more generalized events.  What do I mean by that?  Some can be events we have not done before in unexplored territory…Examples include roller skating, ice skating, museum meetup, fursuit making class, art, and the list can go on.  I also have a lot of bad ideas for events, but I will not go into those (lol).  These events can also include fursuiting, but not all of them have to have that aspect attached to it.

This discussion can also include events you simply want to see more of too.  🙂

Below are questions I will present for our community to discuss…

What type of event have we not done before?

Have a new event you want to be researched?

Have an event you just want to see more of?

Discuss discuss!  😀

~ Drake M.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Drake M..

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#46425 Quote
    I’d like to see an ice skating event.

#46426 Quote

I’d like to see an ice skating event.

Noted, thanks Henrik!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#46427 Quote
    The roller skating or any of the art stuff sounds fun! 😀

(Moonwalks) HEE-HEE!

#46431 Quote
    I don’t mind the idea of a museum visit since it can be open to groups pretty easily and has a comfortable environment. It might seem odd as a socializing setting for a meet-up, but it also lets people wander and look at stuff if conversations get stalled and then there is always the topic of whatever art, display, or history is in front of them. I’m just not sure many share the idea as a good place to randomly socialize (shrug).

Any sort of crafts could be interesting for a reason to make a meet-up. If there are even basic meets about fursuits, I would be very interested, as a resource to learn about the different factors considered when a fursuit is made. I have been looking into getting one and it is hard to know what questions to ask without being shown what goes into construction and design first.

But in the end, I’m watching all the events announced, looking for when my calendar lines up so I can join with just about anything and get to meet the community.

I am shy about going up to others since I don’t know anyone closely in this community yet to help me get my foot in the door. The meet ups are nice and the fall picnic was excellent, but we still have the human tendency to form into groups pretty fast. A meet up focused as a meet-and-greet would be nice, with the whole goal of being an ice-breaker, although a lack of focus might make it less appealing too compared to events with planned activities.

#46433 Quote
    Thank you for your input Silverbane!

Snowjay, I really like your idea of a meet-n-greet event…We have many new community members and even though we do not have a formal introduction in person and really only here on the forums, a meet-n-greet would be nice.  This does give me a couple of ideas to maybe try and have this as a future event.

As for anything artwork-related, we had a community member host one of these in the past, but that has been the only meet from what I remember.  I can maybe ask that person if he intends to host another one.

Fursuit making would be a very fun and educational event too, but we would need a local maker willing to host something like this which will take time and energy to setup.

Do you have anything else?  🙂

Thank you for the input, I really appreciate it!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#46728 Quote
    I’d love a fursuit making class. I bet people would pay to support the cost of some basic materials. By the way, is it possible to have a meeting somewhere that’s not in Roseville? I’m like 2 hours away  and I work until 2pm on meeting days :/.

Music makes the world go around!

#46903 Quote

I’d love a fursuit making class. I bet people would pay to support the cost of some basic materials. By the way, is it possible to have a meeting somewhere that’s not in Roseville? I’m like 2 hours away and I work until 2pm on meeting days :/.

A fursuit making class is a neat idea.

Most of our events are in the twin cities since that’s where a majority of our membership is located. The organization and most of the staff is in the cities as well. That’s not to say that a meeting elsewhere is impossible. There have been a number of successful furmeets in St Cloud. Our staff are totally here to support the process and give more information as needed, but it really takes someone who is from the area and is willing to step up and take the initiative to make it happen.

#46914 Quote
    To add on to Aerak and Kenzo, this would be a great idea for one of the Oval fur meets!

As Aerak said, we just need someone who is willing to step up to the plate and organize it.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#46915 Quote
    Out of curiosity, do we have any new information on the fursuit romp and/or the bowling event?
    #46929 Quote

Out of curiosity, do we have any new information on the fursuit romp and/or the bowling event?

As of right now I do not have any updates.  I hope to have updates soon so stay tuned!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#46969 Quote
    – ANOTHER UPDATE –

Hey there!  As an update to my last post, I am aiming to have bowling be on the first Saturday of March.  I will have more details on that.

For the fursuit romp update, also posted in my other discussion thread, I am aiming for either next Saturday or Saturday the 25th.

Stay tuned!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#46993 Quote
    I would be very happy if the bowling meet were to happen on the first Saturday in March ^^  I’ll keep my fingers crossed that planning for that date goes accordingly.
    #47009 Quote

I would be very happy if the bowling meet were to happen on the first Saturday in March ^^

At this point in the game it is.  All I need to do is confirm my reservation for the first Saturday and then everything will be set 😀

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#47010 Quote
    – ICE SKATING –

To shift gears a bit, community member Henrik brought up an idea about an ice skating event.  For those of you around the metro, does anyone know of any ice arenas (preferably indoor as the winter season will be winding down soon) available for group rentals for reasonable prices?

Any input on this will be helpful!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.