Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

– Events In General Discussion –

Home Forums MNFurs Discussions – Events In General Discussion –

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    I don’t know what counts for a reasonable price but I’m assuming it’s not at $180/hour for a rink rental.

I did find the rink in Burnsville (South of Minneapolis) is year-round but I can’t find details if they do full rink rentals or if any events would have to overlap general public access time. Then again, depending how many people can attend for sure to such events, an overlap time may not be a big concern during test runs?

For the curious: Location which is approximately 5 minutes off 35W on this map (if you know the Burnsville Fire Muster, same location!)

However… as I try to look up open hours, it looks like it is a morning only shindig? So that might end the bidding right there.

#47016 Quote
    Most will rent ice but the cost will vary quite a bit depending on demand (day of week / time of day) and what hockey leagues are still having regular games and practices. It’s been a few years but I do recall ice time being anywhere between $100 – $500 an hour.

You probably have to call the individual rinks to get a good idea but this might help http://www.rinkfinder.com/

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Sibeor.
    #47018 Quote
    Thanks for the input you two…I did check on one place about 2-3 weeks and I remember seeing a rental price between $150-$200-hourly and if I discover most venues are like this, it’s not going to be something I am funding out of my own pocket.  Will look at more places soon!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#47021 Quote
    Hockey player here. I don’t normally play in the metro area anymore, but I’ve spent plenty of time playing up there before. Most ice time rentals will be closer $200 per hour, and dropping closer to $150 an hour after 9pm or 10pm on weekends.

Like Sibeor said, rinkfinder will be the best way to find available ice times. Below is a link for searching for arenas and time slots. Each arena you find should have contact information listed. Hope this helps!

https://rinkfinder.com

-Henrik

#47050 Quote
    Thanks Henrik!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#47084 Quote
    – COMMUNITY BOWLING UPDATE –

Great news!  The next Community Bowling has been scheduled.  Official announcement and forum post coming soon so stay tuned!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#47115 Quote
    So are we going to probably get the announcement for the bowling event today or tomorrow or something like that?
    #47118 Quote

So are we going to probably get the announcement for the bowling event today or tomorrow or something like that?

I am going to venture an educated guess of this upcoming week as our Web Department posts the announcements.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.