Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Fursuit Romp at Mill Ruins Park – March 30th, 2013

Home Forums Events Fursuit Romp at Mill Ruins Park – March 30th, 2013

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • Author

@Pepper said:
    I’d like to have dinner w you ringer, but I don’t think I want to go romping around in public, especially if it turns out to be a ghetto area…or we run into people…who don’t like us lol.

Don’t worry about that area of downtown being Ghetto. I live in North Minneapolis, the closest you can get to something being, as the young kids say, “Ghetto”. The Mill City Park has the Mill City Museum, The Guthrie Theater, the river dam, the city’s postal building, and the federal reserve bank. If anything, this part of Downtown Minneapolis is very historic and business looking. I’ve walked around that area before, but you’ll mostly see families, runners, bikers, and of course, normal everyday pedestrians. We’ll be fine.

Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Till your good is better, and your better is the best.

Poetry is power.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

#10051 Quote
    Now that I’ve given myself a chance to look at all of the comments and reply to anything I felt the need to answer, I will finally voice my decision. I would love to come, because this would be the first event outside of the bi-weekly meet-ups I would be able to go to that is close enough for me to come and go. My issue is that I will most likely be rehearsing my skit for Anime Detour during that time. I don’t have a fursuit, have no experience as a handler, and don’t have much to show that I’m a furry. But for now, I wish to be pending until I find out more details. 

Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Till your good is better, and your better is the best.

Poetry is power.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

#10064 Quote

@ThePoetryNinja said:

Now that I’ve given myself a chance to look at all of the comments and reply to anything I felt the need to answer, I will finally voice my decision. I would love to come, because this would be the first event outside of the bi-weekly meet-ups I would be able to go to that is close enough for me to come and go. My issue is that I will most likely be rehearsing my skit for Anime Detour during that time. I don’t have a fursuit, have no experience as a handler, and don’t have much to show that I’m a furry. But for now, I wish to be pending until I find out more details. 

#10067 Quote

@Ringer said:

@Pepper said:

I’d like to have dinner w you ringer, but I don’t think I want to go romping around in public, especially if it turns out to be a ghetto area…or we run into people…who don’t like us lol.

Well, we’ll be in the Mill District of Minneapolis, which is a mix of historic/arty places, parks/paths, and really nice condos. It doesn’t get much less ghetto than that.

I can understand your concerns about being out there in suit in an “unofficial” capacity. With more than a couple suiters and enough handlers I don’t worry about trouble from bystanders. There’s always a risk of having to talk to an authority figure but even then the worst-case scenario is that we have to leave.

Let me know what you decide – see you at dinner either way Smile

When are we gonna go to dinner? :O

#10069 Quote

@Pepper said:

The bi-weekly meet? Assuming you’re going.

#10072 Quote

@Ringer said:

@Pepper said:

The bi-weekly meet? Assuming you’re going.

Oh you’ll be here for that I forgot.  Yay we can have dinner!

#10073 Quote
    I am down to go as long as I find a ride.  May be the last time I get to use my current paws.  

#10075 Quote

@OMEN JACKAL said:

I am down to go as long as I find a ride.  May be the last time I get to use my current paws.  

#10076 Quote

@ThePoetryNinja said:

This is a great event idea, and I hope we can put on more like this in the future.

Well if you’re going, I guess I’ll go too (as a handler) since I know you from Anime Club and won’t be completely surrounded by strangers.  ^_^;

#10078 Quote
    I plan to come down there with this fox named Artemis.  …and maybe a handler, since I don’t have Drake to work with :P
    #10079 Quote

@Vega said:

Well if you’re going, I guess I’ll go too (as a handler) since I know you from Anime Club and won’t be completely surrounded by strangers.  ^_^;

@neevipanda said:

I plan to come down there with this fox named Artemis.  …and maybe a handler, since I don’t have Drake to work with :P

Added, thanks!

#10097 Quote
    So I am actually not going to be able to make it out to this.  I will be in Missouri over break and won’t be getting back till later that day >.>
    #10177 Quote
    If peeps need rides, I’d be up for helping out as long as it wasn’t too far!

I live in New Hope, so I can pick up anyone within a half hour of here, and between here and Minneapolis. =3

#10178 Quote
    Looks like I am going to be meeting Blue in the parking lot of the Saint Louis Park Bylerys at 12:15 and we are going to be carpooling from there.  If anyone else wants to hop on the idea feel free to join in.  I figure at 12:30 we count how many people are there and divy up the carpool from there to Downtown. We will be parking towards the back of the lot. The site is a little ways out, but it is close to the Meet location.

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#10179 Quote

@Yarrick said:

Looks like I am going to be meeting Blue in the parking lot of the Saint Louis Park Bylerys at 12:15 and we are going to be carpooling from there.  If anyone else wants to hop on the idea feel free to join in.  I figure at 12:30 we count how many people are there and divy up the carpool from there to Downtown. We will be parking towards the back of the lot. The site is a little ways out, but it is close to the Meet location.

Awesome! I’ll be updating later this week when we’ve had a chance to figure out where in the parking ramp we’ll meet (we’re staying in the area), and we’ll try to be over there by 12:45 or so on Saturday for early arrivers. Hopefully everyone can get there by 1:00, but maybe we can just have a contact for anybody who shows up a little late so they can find us.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.