Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Group Therapy

Home Forums MNFurs Discussions Group Therapy

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    With the world currently upset down, it’s more important than ever to be there for one another.

How are you doing? Are you staying positive? Are you feeling down? What have you found that works for you during this time of social distancing? Do you need a pick-me-up? Let us know!

#58050 Quote
    Well, I’m younger, still in school, and online school is a struggle, to say the least. It’s difficult for me to stay focused when I know all I would have to do is close a tab and not have to do it. On the brighter side, I’m getting my first fursuit after 3 years in the fandom! it’s on its way! so I hope that will provide a healthy coping mechanism. A friend and I are also starting a “young Furs” podcast, to keep busy. I really can’t wait to go back to school ( never thought I would say that, haha).  I hope everyone else is doing well! Wash your Hands/Paws, everyone!

TaffyTiger

#58051 Quote
    I’ve been managing it so far with this crisis going on, but it’s been definitely taking some mental and emotional toll on me.

But I’ve been trying to keep upbeat by looking at some of the videos of hobbies that I enjoy, like wrestling, and other hobbies.

Maybe at some point possibly a pick-me-up feeling would be good, but I’ve been dealing with it okay so far I’d suppose.

And I really miss going to social gatherings, like furry meets and furry cons, and I was exploring on going to other cons like an anime con and a wrestling con. But, we should all take care of ourselves in this situation by social distancing and taking care of others too by not infecting others.

So I hope to every MNfur and everyone else around the world, is coping with this okay and well too. Mental health and safety is a big part of all of this that needs to be taken care of seriously, so I really hope we will come out of this stronger than ever. We’ve got this.

#58052 Quote
    I’m used to spending as much time as possible outdoors, so cabin fever is taking a toll on me. My daily routine consisted of working with horses and hunting for invertebrates to study. Now I get to… “work with” my cat, and “study” my pet invertebrates. Haha…

I’m glad that messaging and video calling friends is so easy. I’ve also been able to tackle some abandoned projects and try new hobbies. I’ve definitely had my ups and downs, but I’m trying to look at the positives. More than anything I’m very, very grateful that my friends and family have been staying healthy.

I’m eager to get out and about again, but the sooner all of us stay inside and follow health guidelines, the sooner this will be over.

#58054 Quote
    I’m fortunate enough that I can afford to survive but the chance of uncertainty in the value of my resources and even if those resources will still be there after a few months is scary. I got furloughed from my job, that income was extra but without it was a huge hit. The whole isolation bit I don’t mind, but since I am not stuck in a house with people I am completely comfortable with, it’s hard. I’ve spent half my time in my house stressed and breaking down at how uncertain everything is. Not just financially, I am sure everyone’s friendships or relationships are really being tested.

Obviously other people may very well have it worse off, but I know at least as people we can make it through this. How long it will take us to recover? Who knows, but I do know that we can accomplish that.

#58055 Quote

On the brighter side, I’m getting my first fursuit after 3 years in the fandom! it’s on its way! so I hope that will provide a healthy coping mechanism. A friend and I are also starting a “young Furs” podcast, to keep busy. I really can’t wait to go back to school ( never thought I would say that, haha). I hope everyone else is doing well! Wash your Hands/Paws, everyone!

That’s really cool that you have things to look forward to. Getting your first fursuit is definitely exciting. And a young furs podcast sounds like a great idea. I know a lot of teens in our community have been playing minecraft to pass the time. And lol, teen me would never ever say I looked forward to going back to school XD. What has this world come to??? 😛

And I really miss going to social gatherings, like furry meets and furry cons, and I was exploring on going to other cons like an anime con and a wrestling con.

I really miss that too. I even miss the people I don’t specifically hangout with, but who are still there and I still get to see. Not having social events is tough. I’ve been wanting to do an informal fursuit romp or fursuit social distancing parade (since we have captive audiences that can look from their windows XD) but worry about the risks.

I’m used to spending as much time as possible outdoors, so cabin fever is taking a toll on me. My daily routine consisted of working with horses and hunting for invertebrates to study. Now I get to… “work with” my cat, and “study” my pet invertebrates. Haha… I’m glad that messaging and video calling friends is so easy. I’ve also been able to tackle some abandoned projects and try new hobbies. I’ve definitely had my ups and downs, but I’m trying to look at the positives. More than anything I’m very, very grateful that my friends and family have been staying healthy.

OMG you got to work with horses??? I’m so jelly. I’ve always wanted to go horseback riding. Maybe after all this is over I’ll finally do it. Sounds like things are working with video calls and new hobbies. We just all have to do our best to stay positive. ^_^

I’m fortunate enough that I can afford to survive but the chance of uncertainty in the value of my resources and even if those resources will still be there after a few months is scary. I got furloughed from my job, that income was extra but without it was a huge hit. The whole isolation bit I don’t mind, but since I am not stuck in a house with people I am completely comfortable with, it’s hard. I’ve spent half my time in my house stressed and breaking down at how uncertain everything is. Not just financially, I am sure everyone’s friendships or relationships are really being tested.

Awww, I’m really sorry to hear that you got furloughed and are stuck in the house with people you aren’t completely comfortable with. There’s a lot of uncertainty going around right now. Do you have any hobbies to keep your mind off of things? Art, Books, Videogames? I’ve found that taking a few minutes and meditating to clear your head can help too!

#58056 Quote
    Hey guys, I’m a young fur that just joined this website lol. I just want to meet some other furs out there! I’ve only seen pics on social media. Also, anyone I can vent to? Jk, it’s fine. I just have one thing that holds me back from being who I truly am. Anyways, how are you guys? Stay healthy, and remember to wash your paws! ~Lunar
    #58057 Quote
    I’ve been doing alright, trying not to go crazy cooped up inside my house with my family members, haha! I’ve been going on walks and bike rides which really helps! As for coping with boredom I’ve been working on fursuit stuff, reading books, catching up on anime, practicing for the dance comp, and lots of drawing. School has been a bit difficult for me recently, I understand the material but it’s difficult. The main problem is that my teachers have started grading differently online than in class, and it’s having a toll on my grades. I’m working hard to get them back up though, so I’m trying to stay positive. I really miss my friends and it sucks not being able to go to the furmeets. I finally finished my personal suit and I was so excited to go to the romp and then it got cancelled. But what can ya do? It’s better for us to social distance and keep everyone safe. I can’t wait for when this is all over to go to some meets and see my friends. Stay safe you guys, and please social isolate. The more people that try to stop the spread of this, the sooner it’ll be over.
    #58058 Quote
    Honestly, I feel a mixture of stir craziness, depression, and stress.  I bought The Talos Principle game on Steam, but haven’t gotten around to it yet.  Other than that I’ve caught up on watching Ozark, Better Call Saul, and am currently on My Hero Academia.
    #58059 Quote
    Honestly I have been doing okay with all of this from the now all the way back to when things really hit the fan and the shelter in place orders began around the nation.  I have been doing a lot of outdoor exercise in keeping up with my routines there.  I have also been keeping busy with a poetry project which helps bring in positive light for when things start to become negative…Let’s face it, things are unfortunately going to be negative for a long with this pandemic.  It will be very interesting to see what the new normal is on the other side.

I am thankful that I am still an essential worker.  My workloads have not changed since this began and in fact, I have become a tad more busy since then.  While I still choose to go into the office, there are not that many people around my office area so I am not too worried about potentially picking up COVID, but obviously the concerns are still there…We also have a good Maintenance Department that does an okay job at cleanliness with it.

I still continually on a regular basis watch and read various news articles and keep up with what is going on our state as best as I can.  This way, when necessary, I can assist on keeping the community updated on anything that I deem important and especially on when we can relax things here.  Speaking of, I am going to try and host a community fursuit romp at the end of May, but at the same time, I am going to also keep in mind the high risk factors in doing so and what is going on with everything else…So while I still plan to move forward with it, I may also consider rescheduling or cancelling.  Stay tuned on that front!

OFF TOPIC – The latest episode of Last Week Tonight is good!

What else…Started playing and very heavily into Doom Eternal.  It has been a wonderful gaming release when I have bad days at work or just bad days in general with all the other sh** going on.  However, with it becoming more nice outside, I am less and less in front of my computer.  Last time I weighed myself I was about 172 and my next goal is to get below that and get into the 160’s.

On a final note as I have posted in my other thread right here – Please remember to stay healthy and safe as we ride out the remainder of our shelter in place order.  Once our governor unfolds his plans to reopen MN hopefully we can also do the same and slowly get everyone back together.

Final final note, I am on Telegram, Twitter, & also available via email if anyone needs anything on this, our current events situation, or if you just need someone to talk to.  =)

Take care!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#58065 Quote
    So it’s been a back and forth of stress (Family and work), some days it was both. I’ve had a couple of breakdowns over the last couple of weeks due to the situation.

Though it’s been more bearable in the forum I’m apart of (Furaffinity), and just talking with a good friend I met early on in the furry community.

I’ve also taken to riding motorcycle a lot as weather permits, which certainly helps just being outside. 🙂

All things considered, I’m managing.

#58070 Quote
    I have actually been staying positive during this ongoing pandemic. At least we are now at the age where technology and medicine has become so advanced, that we may be able to discover a vaccine soon enough so that this might not become like the flu pandemic of 1918 (though I am aware of how much is not fully understood and known about the COVID-19 virus as we speak).

Currently, I am on furlough at both my jobs, but I have been finding ways to occupy all the free time that I have. I have been taking outdoor walks on nice days, using a couple exercise video games (such as Ring Fit Adventure and Wii-U) to stay active if it’s raining outside, riding my bike, catching up on my reading, been binge-watching Netflix, playing video games (especially Roller Coaster Tycoon for the Xbox and Animal Crossing: New Horizons for the Nintendo Switch), keeping up with social media, keeping in touch with close relatives through Zoom chats, requesting some art commissions, and had recently built a large roller coaster Lego set.

In addition to all the aforementioned activities, I have been following a personal philosophy that I actually came up with years ago: “Simplicity itself goes a long way.” I was influenced from a story I read many years ago about Chris McCandless, a young man who deliberately cut off all ties from his well-to-do family and lived out the remainder of his days in the wilderness. Even though I don’t want to live out in the wilderness myself (as it is a very foolish idea to begin with), his story did get me to think long and hard about finding contentment in life by keeping things mostly basic and going for the most essential needs when I need it (like when it comes to making purchasing decisions), not to mention finding nature to be a perfect sanctuary to get away from the hustle and bustle of life once in a while.

I have also followed this mantra that I was taught during my years of studying Tae Kwon Do: “When mind and body come together, nothing is impossible.” This quote alone has stayed with me for a long time, teaching me so much about patience, that I have been using it ever since.

It’s also a fortunate thing that the Internet has allowed me to still stay connected with friends and other acquaintances without even having to leave my home. If I had grown up in a much earlier time period when these things didn’t exist and a similar pandemic was going on with a stay-at-home order being enforced, there’s a possibility that I would have gotten bored, impatient and emotionally empty without much social interaction outside of my family (not to mention getting rather stressed if this happened during my high school or college years, as online courses didn’t really exist during my time).

At this point, I’m glad to have found the friends I have made and have grown up with such a caring family, even during this terrible crisis. It may not have been something anyone could have truly predicted, but at least I have certain sources to turn to that can help enrich my life. Thank you all for being there for me.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.