Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

MFF Orphan Party

Home Forums Events MFF Orphan Party

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Greetings,

Since everyone I know and love is in Chicago while I had to work, I’m having a get-together for those orphaned by MFF.  I’m thinking a low key pot-luck would be enjoyable. I have CAH (like everyone else these days) and The Lion King on Laserdisc. Come say ‘hi’.

1800ish Saturday 12/2 until whenever.

[Address removed by webmaster]

Its the Purple house on Logan just north of Victory Memorial Drive. PM for the address if you need it.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Jim.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Jac. Reason: Residential addresses are not allowed I'm the forums. For more information, contact [email protected]
    #50090 Quote
    under 18 allowed? its cool if not
    #50091 Quote
    I don’t think things will get too wild, come on over.
    #50092 Quote
    Nice! I’m glad this is happening! I’m psyched.

As a note, what should I bring for food? I can pick up anything, cold or hot (again, I won’t cook it myself), dry or wet. Any dietary/food allergy concerns to note, or should I just bring something generic enough for most party animals?

I don’t think things will get too wild, come on over.

I don’t know about you, but I’m planning on starting the party with a lampshade on my head! By the end of it, I’ll probably really think I’m a lamp! JK! 😀 I’m actually really chill. I’m a goofball sometimes, though, but maybe not as much as I am on here.

I mean, as a writer, I feel only as good as my work. So, if I don’t covey a feeling through them, then maybe I’m missing something important myself. But in life: I dunno. I try to be good, regardless. I’m just less verbose. LOL.

I’m excited for this!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Convel.

I am Convel Deamhan: I've learned that light can be born from darkness, beauty from ugliness, redemption from damnation, and friendship from loneliness. I am ecstatic to be a member of MNFurs, and the furry fandom at large!

#50093 Quote
    cool thanks! any other games i can bring? i have some CAH extension packs.
    #50094 Quote
    Bring whatever you like. As far as food, Something more substantial than chips and soda would be good. I am lacking in cutlery and glassware.
    #50095 Quote
    I’m thinking of making a quinoa and bean salad.

#50099 Quote

Bring whatever you like. As far as food, Something more substantial than chips and soda would be good. I am lacking in cutlery and glassware.

How’s pizza sound to everyone? Any chain preference? Size, and number of pizzas? Toppings preferred? I can do one cheese and/or veggie if there are any non-carnivores among us. I can account for party size closer to tomorrow.

I’ll also bring paper plates and napkins, and a box of mixed plastic flatware. I can grab all of those on my way to the party. I’ll order the pizza before I leave, and try to make sure its at an establishment somewhere en route, as I’m, like, an hour north of all y’all, and don’t want it to be cold. LOL. That would suck. I mean, cold pizza is still good, but fresh pizza is nummyer.

I am Convel Deamhan: I've learned that light can be born from darkness, beauty from ugliness, redemption from damnation, and friendship from loneliness. I am ecstatic to be a member of MNFurs, and the furry fandom at large!

#50101 Quote
    Edit 2: “Mooom! MNFurs ate my post again!”

*Sigh* The Grue at my edit again.

cool thanks! any other games i can bring? i have some CAH extension packs.

AND MY AXE!

Well, I DO have an axe (my dad doesn’t believe in guns, apparently, so he keeps one by the bed; LOL — I WISH I was joking. He’s my father, and I love him, but he’s kind of a nutter sometimes, IMO. :D), but I won’t bring that. And I don’t have any CAH (It took me WAY too long to figure out what that was: I didn’t Google it, thoguh, to my credit! LOL!), but I do have, like…movies. I mean, blah blah blah public display and all that…but c’mon.

This will be a small party among friends. I don’t think anyone’s going to report me to the MPAA. Unless, I could get MNFurs in trouble for bringing movies — in which case, to an Admin: Please let me know; I’m not going to bring MNFurs down around me.

I can bring one or more of the, well, hundreds of movies I have on DVD and Blu-ray (or digitally, but that may be harder to play, depending on one’s media setup), or the handful on VHS releases I have that either had no disc release, or had a botched censored disc release (I’m looking at you, “The Fear” — “IT’S MORTY!” [Awful rap about a possessed mannequin or some s***] No, I’m not joking: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113043/ — this is easily the BEST, worst movie I’ve ever seen — and only the VHS edition is uncut of…um…bafflingly censored material, mostly vague, passing references to Christianity. Huh… *Slow head shake* Da f***?)

So, if that’s cool with MNFurs staff, I can bring one or two films. I know people have different thresholds and tolerances for stuff, and believe me, mine are high, but I have a WIDE spectrum of movies at my disposal, from Rated G to Unrated. So, once we get an idea of how many people are coming, I can take some genre or even title shout-outs, rather than just bring something at random that maybe only I’d enjoy. I’d rather we all watch something we’d like to see together.

Edit, the First: I can take a picture of my largest movie shelf and if any movie(s) sticks out to everyone, I can bring that/them.

#50102 Quote
    One pizza of your favorite style is probably fine. I believe a gaggle of my friends will be dropping in, so maybe ten people.
    #50103 Quote

One pizza of your favorite style is probably fine. I believe a gaggle of my friends will be dropping in, so maybe ten people.

Oh, kick ass! Okay, I’ll grab a large of…something. I usually default supreme, but I can go for an all-meat, if people don’t like some of those plants on their pizza like me. 😀 I’m an omnivore. I used to eat souls*, though. But, you know, the laws of thermodynamics meant they didn’t die. They just…er…”survived the trip.” (*Speaking strictly as my fursona, here, hopefully obviously. I mean, I’m crazy, but not a loon! LOL!)

As for movies, would people prefer furry-related films? I’ve got a box of VHS tapes of animated films from when I was a kid, and I think we (because it’s the family stash) have, like All Dogs Go to Heaven (Um… *Looks at self* *Looks at movie box* *Growls*) 1 and 2, we may have Oliver and Company, and others. I don’t know: I’d have to check.

I may have some on DVD/Blu-ray, too, but I haven’t actually considered myself a ‘second-degree black belt furry’ until only recently, so I still don’t have as many on disc as I have, say, random-ass arthouse speculative fiction films (like, by David Lynch and David Cronenberg, for example).

So, lemme know what you all like, movie-wise!

#50104 Quote
    i like a good animated movie
    #50109 Quote
    Is this is central minnesota??

"The greatest value comes from loving yourself for who you are" ~Lindsey Stirling

#50110 Quote

Is this is central minnesota??

It is in Northern Minneapolis

#50111 Quote
    IS this fursuit friendly?
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.