Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

MNFurs Community Forum 2-7-14 (Meet the Candidates Edition)

Home Forums MNFurs Meeting Notes and Times MNFurs Community Forum 2-7-14 (Meet the Candidates Edition)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    It’s time again to start thinking about the next MNFurs Community Forum Meeting. This time, we are going back to the northwest suburbs (so if you live in the area, come check us out and learn more about what sort of stuff is going on!)

As always, the meeting is being held on the 7th of the month and will begin at 7:00pm.

Here’s where it’s at:

Culvers
    4004 Silver Lake Rd, St Anthony, MN 55421

The Agenda (draft):

Introductions

• Tell us who you are?
    • Tell us something true about yourself and something completely made up (in whichever order you prefer)

Old Business

• Winter Carnival Review (Ringer, 5-10min)
    • Anime Detour Room Party Updates (Flip, 5-10min)
    • Spring Picnic Updates (Aerak, 5-10min)

Intermission (10min)

Suggestion Box (10min)

• Round Table Discussion. Each person gives one suggestion – this can be either serious or completely ridiculous in nature; it’s up to the person giving the suggestion.

New Business

• Updates from the Board (5-10min)
    • New Proposed Events (0-10min)
    • Meet the Candidates
      • The purpose of the board and why are we running an election? (Ridayah, 5-10 min)
      • Introductions from each candidate present (2min each)
      • Questions for the candidates selected by our election judges (0-20min)
      • Open Floor: Questions for the candidates from the Community present (0-20min)

Wrap Up

• Next Moderator
    • Discussion on meeting location.

• This topic was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by Aerak. Reason: Added the agenda - if anyone has anything to add, let me know by Feb 4th
    • This topic was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by Aerak. Reason: Added to agenda. I usually edit something dozens of times, so only twice so far is amazing!
    #21874 Quote
    I really hate how the most obvious buss connection, the 25, stops after 6pm. That’s never sat right with me. Anyways, looks like the 4 goes fairly close, about 0.4 miles, which even my gimp self can walk. The question? Any idea on what the weather looks like for that day? O_o!

SO MUCH CHEESE!

#21882 Quote
    If memory serves, the bus stop is next to the Cub Foods parking lot. It is pretty close to the Culvers. I’m sure within a couple days we should have the extended weather forecast for next Friday. =)
    #21901 Quote
    We’ll wish I could go but I live on the other side of the state really want to go though

🙁

#21905 Quote

We’ll wish I could go but I live on the other side of the state really want to go though
    :(

Keep in mind the community meetings are about more serious things and events about the group.  They’re not like the bi-weekly Perkins meets that fall every other Saturday.  These meetings can be good to come to if you want to meet some of the board and possibly voice any concerns or comments about previous or upcoming events though. All while eating some (usually) good food.

#21937 Quote
    Unless situations change I won’t be making this one. As for the meet the candidates section I’d refer anyone interested to my post in the thread in the subforum Ask Candidates. Any statements I’d make at the meeting would mostly reiterate the post I made there.
    #21944 Quote
    It’s actually Silver Lake Rd NORTHEAST.  This should be corrected.  Google maps won’t accept it without NE and zooming in on the road says NE :P.  So does my GPS.  Anyways, I’ll be there!
    • This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by Pepper.
    #21946 Quote
    I lived in that area before, and I don’t remember there being any other Silver Lake roads to confuse it with. So I think people will probably find it just fine :-p
    • This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by kiguel.
    #21966 Quote

I lived in that area before, and I don’t remember there being any other Silver Lake roads to confuse it with. So I think people will probably find it just fine :-p

Probably, but when I typed in the address Google Maps demanded either NE or…SW?  Or whatever.  Same with GPS.  Just want people not to get lost 😛

#21976 Quote
    The online video is online. Join http://tinychat.com/mnfursadmin to listen and watch.

Furry Migration Staff (programing & help desk)

Come say hi on the MNFurs Discord!

Posts on the MNFurs forums are of my own opinion and do not reflect that of MNFurs or chartered events unless otherwise stated.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.