Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

MNFurs Community Meeting Forum 6-7-2013

Home Forums MNFurs Meeting Notes and Times MNFurs Community Meeting Forum 6-7-2013

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Okay, just added some more topics to discuss…anything else.  Need to finalize this by Thursday!
    #10893 Quote

Con Zero (who is speaking to this?)

This will be Kellic as it’s his event…If not present physically or via TinyChat, a board member probably.

I can speak on it if need be as I have it detailed out in the Fall Picnic threads and have a decent amount of insight into it.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#10904 Quote
    Sadly, I would, but I’m moderator.  Would rather someone be “lead” while I just kibitz.
    #10905 Quote
    Here are the additional agenda items Events has for the Community meeting:

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#10910 Quote
    Something else just came up as well…This inquiry aimed at Yarrick.

Above is a link to a discussion of a Mankato meet from community member Cyrus (similar to Fur in the Clouds).  We COULD bring this up for new business, to get everyone thinking about it…Or we wait as it sounds like it’s not that far in logistics yet.

Thoughts?

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#10933 Quote
    Saw that, thank you.  Sent PM to Cyrus, hoping to get something back.

I just got some stuff back from other people so we are near final edits.

LAST CALL FOR TOPICS!!!

#10963 Quote
    In-person:  Ariket, Carrie, Farrel,  Tank, Arashiin, Kitsunekla, Flip, Legonnare, Yarrick, Kae, Aerak, Larus, Drake, Sike, Alkora, Kelsier, Zepaw, Nauta, Kellic, Kurst

Online: Ridayah, Mouring, SkiSharp, Queuethulu, Grumble, ZenFox

Internet chat set-up took some time, location’s wifi unusable. Meeting brought to order 7:20PM

Spring Picnic (Tank) – Went well. No complaints except for weather.  Flip: Idea of how many showed up? Drake: around 140-150 people. Tank: We made more than it cost. Kellic/Ridayah: There was too much junk left by members.  Tank: I would recommend the place again from the point of running it. The people there were helpful in getting it set up, got the paperwork to use easily.

Dragon Festival (Arashiin) – Have supplies I’m looking for listed on the forum. Haven’t heard much vocal support. Tents are one of the things, possible for the group to get some? Grumble: I have some but they are a pain to move. Flip: Three dragon ante. Farrel: How about an art area? Have some sketches kids can color.

Fur in the Clouds (Twisted) – Godfather’s closed and with short notice, too little time to find a new location thus June FitC was canceled. Felt it better to pull the plug than have potential confusion about the new time and/or location if we found one. I may not know anything until July. Ideally shooting for September, possibly august, and resuming my every three (maybe two) month repetition.   (mention of Mankato)

Hibachi buffet (Arashiin) – Had about 42 RSVP, about 37 attendees. Yarrick: Perhaps a pre-event or after next time. Kurst: There are multiple locations and some have long cheap lunch times. Could hit that then a movie.

Search for alternate meet locations – Perkins in Golden Valley that could fit 50+ people and manager is willing to accommodate. Close at midnight. 9 booths, one big round table, and three smaller tables put together. Nauta: What about a mall foodcourt? Kellic: It was extremely unpopular Nauta: Many years have passed and the group has grown fourfold. Kellic: We learned from the Perkins remodel we could lose this location at any time. Flip: Does it need to be a coffeeshop/restaurant? Arashiin: If people get hungry they will wander off and may not come back. Kitsunekla: Could order in pizza depending on the place .

Break at 8:01PM

Resumed 8:15PM

Kokomos (Ridayah) – July 14th is non-meet weekend, dragon festival, and day before Furry Migration price goes up. Working on running this joint with Furry Migration. Flip: Price range? Ridayah: 10-20 per meal. Caribbean barbeque.  Around 2-7pm Sunday.

Fall Picnic (Drake) – Black Hawk Park. Put up a whole bunch of directions on the thread. Theme is Back To School. Two types of badges. Normal and “freshman” badge. Pot luck food. I have put up rules as well see the forum thread.

ConZero (Kellic) – Idea behind it is straightforward. Want to have a small event a year before Furry Migration. Partially a recruiting tool. Chance to brainstorm ideas. Also just a place to relax after the picnic. Access to the hot tub. Pretty much an after picnic party.

Pride Festival ( Legonnare) – GPS has a lot of space at Pride and has asked if we would like to have representation. I will be there for some shifts and would love to be able to find other people to help promote MNFurs at Pride.

Event Mentoring (Drake/Yarrick) – Thinking of putting together a guide to help with basic logistics. Not so much how to run an event. Tips and things that first time event runners can easily miss. A reminder that the events dept is here if you need us.

Wolfie’s North Metro Bowling (Yarrick) – He would like to host another. This relates to the mentoring we spoke about. There were things that could have been handled better had he known to expect the issues.

Next meet moderator Drake, July 9th. Moved as July 7th is weekend of CONvergence and AnthroCon.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.