Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

MNFurs Holiday Party discussion

Home Forums MNFurs Discussions MNFurs Holiday Party discussion

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

@Sike said:
    I’m more for Mid/Late Dec myself cause of school going into the 2-3rd weeks of Dec.  And my family isnt that close so I dont have to worry about plans lmao

When you say mid to late are you talking about the weekend of December 14 and the 21?

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#12027 Quote
    My ideal is the weekend of the 21st or the 28th, because finals for college finish the week of the 21st so college dorm people might be able to make earlier ones =  (Like I cant really justify coming home the 14th, then going to school for 3-4 days and coming straight back)

Wut o.o

Im Sike AND Banana

#11993 Quote
    Hmm, I have 3-4 dates in mind…

I plan to get these out soon to see if any are available.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#12123 Quote
    Just to give everyone an update…

I have three dates being examined for December.  Once I know of the availability, I will get one of them finalized and then the next step will take place in the logistics.

More updates soon!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#12215 Quote
    NEXT UPDATE:

There is a tentative date that we are currently penciled in for with the Holiday Party.

I have also made contact with the original head of the party from last year…Still tentative yet on coming back, but if there is no commitment in the end, I will take charge and get more details out.

Stay tuned…

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#12225 Quote
    I would agree, aim later in month as you will get all the college students back and/or they are not worried about finishing term papers or cramming for tests.

For us who work retail, no weekend is good until around January, so plan and hopefully we can show up :)

With that, I also know there are SEVERAL parties that weekend from just about every member of family, friends, and other social groups.  So expect people to pop in and out throughout the day. 

To those attending:  Even if your not  able to be there for who thing, I would suggest to still show up!  Bring the holiday cheer, donate a dollar or so, drop off some Holiday treats, and then go on with the rest of your wassailing (only time of year i can use that term).

#12226 Quote

@Procyon
    said:
    Aim later in month as you will get all the college students back

As much as I was hoping for later, the only available date available was right at the start…We are currently penciled in for the date as well.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#12229 Quote
    I will do my best to make it when ever you end up having it. I can’t wait to see you guys <3
    #12316 Quote
    Hello everyone, here is the next update…

The date of December 6 (Friday) is being locked in for us and the time frame will be from 5:00p – 12:00a.

Again, I know some wanted this to be later in the month, but the 6th was the ONLY available date…

From a discussion standpoint, this will be the last post I make in this thread.  I will eventually create a Holiday Party thread in the Events sub-forum.  An announcement will also be up sometime next month on the home page.  Like other events, it will briefly outline everything from information to location etc.

Logistics are still being examined from many aspects.  In time, more concrete information will be posted as well as any volunteer opportunities.

SIDE NOTE:  I also want to clear up some confusion…I heard that some people thought the Midwinter Party is in December.  No, the Midwinter Party is in February and has no correlation with the Holiday Party.  =)

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#12334 Quote
    Is this like a mini-con or something? Lol I have no idea bit it sounds fun!
    #12338 Quote
    It will be my first time at the holiday party. I can barely contain my excitement for it.

I’ll be there unless I am deathly ill.

#12342 Quote

@Whaleosaur said:
    Is this like a mini-con or something? Lol I have no idea bit it sounds fun!

Far from it. It’s more relatable to a meet but on a bigger scale. 

#12344 Quote
    Me and shadow should be able to make it though I have a feeling we will be late due to work schedule and traffic, I will just have to put it on the calendar as a reminder of when and where once all those details are available.
    #12345 Quote
    Whaleosaur – As Zepaw said above, it’s a fun get-together on a larger scale…I believe last year we had 50+ people show up.  More details coming soon.  Last year members brought in their own holiday food items, a Christmas tree was decorated, etc.  This year it will be very much similar.  More details coming soon and I will give an outline of WHAT the Holiday Party is.  =)

Uni – Not a problem, traffic will be a battle for everyone, including myself.  Glad you and Shadow are able to make it.  =)

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.