Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Regular Bowling Meets

Home Forums Events Regular Bowling Meets

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Bowling meets seem to happen at random and I would like to propose we have more structured, more frequent bowling meets going forward.

I have years of experience hosting these things in Kansas City and would like to bring that up North.

The proposed structure for such bowling meets are as follows:

• They are to take place monthly starting in February
    • They are to take place in a fursuit-friendly environment
    • They are to take place on a weeknight or weekend depending on availability
    • They are to take place on reserved lanes
    • One lane will be reserved in advance with additional lanes to be reserved as more furries RSVP
    • An announcement will be made 2-4 weeks prior to the event and RSVP will be required to guarantee a spot on a lane
    • Those who RSVP will get to put in their names first and take priority overall over other attendees
    • The meet will be two hours long
    • Both the lane(s) and the bowling time will be paid for in advance
    • Attendees will be financially responsible for food and beverages they choose to consume

Among the locations that are being scouted:

1. Medina Entertainment Center (Medina, MN)*
    2. Bowlero Brooklyn Park (Brooklyn Park, MN)*
    3. Super Bowl (Ramsey, MN)*
    4. Apple Place Bowl (Apple Valley, MN)
    5. New Hope Bowl (New Hope, MN)
    6. Sundance Bowl (Osseo, MN)
    7. Tuttle’s (Hopkins, MN)
    8. Mattie’s Lanes (St. Paul, MN)

Locations marked with a * are confirmed fursuit friendly.

I am willing to take suggestions for other locations.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by METRO Mutt.
    #57708 Quote
    That sounds good!

I used to host only one, but I didn’t have enough of resources and time to be able to plan more.

I’m glad you’re doing for everyone!

#57709 Quote
    Hopefully this will run better, if not, the best for this community!
    • Name: Dragon
    • Species: Dragon
    • Sex: Dragon
    • Size: Dragon
    • Weight: Dragon
    • Height: Dragon
    • Identity: Dragon
    • Orientation: Dragon
    • Hobby: Being a dragon
    #57710 Quote

I am willing to take suggestions for additional locations.

The Super Bowl in Ramsey we still have a good reputation at as I use to host those regularly there in the past.  Another suggestion is Apple Place Bowl (aka Bogart’s Entertainment Center).  If I have more suggestions I will make another post here.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#57712 Quote
    I’m going to update the OP to reflect suggestions. Confirmed fursuit-friendly will be marked with a *.
    #57715 Quote

Bowling meets do tend to go over well especially when they are regularly done. The issue we tend to have is that we have a burnout of the one person who is running it. What I think we should look at is making sure you have some support (somefur to help you) so we can  have this running longer and not burnout any fur along the way.

#57716 Quote
    There needs to be some delegation and a chain of command.
    #57718 Quote
    To add on to a portion of Ski’s post yes, please be sure that you have someone else as your backup.  If you intend to run these for a while you will have times where you need to step back and take a break.  I ran many of these myself in the past at multiple and reoccurring venues and made the mistake of burning myself out because of it (twice unfortunately).

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#57719 Quote
    A couple more venue suggestions below…

Tuttle’s in Hopkins

Mattie’s Lanes in St. Paul.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#57720 Quote
    I don’t think Tuttle’s is fursuit-friendly IIRC but I can double-check.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by METRO Mutt.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by METRO Mutt.
    #57722 Quote
    I think Tuttle’s isn’t fursuit friendly IIRC but I can double-check.
    It’s possible their policies have changed now as I have not hosted one there in 2-3 years, but in the past they were fine with fursuits.  However yes, double-checking this is something one should do.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#57725 Quote

It’s also good to have a tip jar, or PayPal to have funding for the security deposits or payments of the bowling lanes too if you ever do need financial assistance. I wouldn’t want to have a host burn their wallet every month to host meets like this. So I would be up to helping donate if possible.

#57729 Quote
    I’m glad we are starting to talk about this again. While the last time I did real fursuit bowling was 2-3 years ago I really miss it. I don’t know what I can help at the moment on it other than say I trust @drakem opinion on these things and I do hope that we can get bowling as a group again with a little more frequency!

Member of Minnesota Furs a 501c3 Non Profit, former Convention Chairman for Furry Migration, volunteer, and always doings lots of other stuff.

Feel free to ask questions because I'm here for you!
    Kurst "YipYap" Hyperyote

#57730 Quote

It’s also good to have a tip jar, or PayPal to have funding for the security deposits or payments of the bowling lanes too if you ever do need financial assistance. I wouldn’t want to have a host burn their wallet every month to host meets like this. So I would be up to helping donate if possible.

I am going to jump around this post out of order here.  Yes I strongly agree that one should not have to burn a hole in their wallet for these.  Yes some may charge to use their party room(s) if you will for changing and tote storage, but some have been nice to offer them free in being respectful to the venue and continuing to come back to give them business.

Next, a tip jar in my opinion is a no to have on site, especially out on the lanes as I find this wrong.  The venue staff could think that you, or whoever else is assisting you, is running your own side event at THEIR venue.  This is one where you will have to ask and respect the venue’s opinion.  If I were you I would keep it to some sort of online ‘tip jar’.

Also to add on to Kurst’s post, I am here to assist when and where I can.  I am also in agreement that I want to see these start up again too.  It’s one of those just fun events that has been missing for a while.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#57731 Quote
    No need to echo what’s already been said by Drake. I do miss regular bowling meets. We were doing them for quite a while and then due to burnout and some other reasons, they stopped. If you want to give it a shot, go for it! There are plenty of us in the community that can offer advice and if needed, assistance.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.