Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Regular Bowling Meets

Home Forums Events Regular Bowling Meets

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Such an Internet tip jar will max out at the cost of the event. Need to find a platform that does this.
    #57763 Quote
    I have done the research and compiled a short list of venues. The list of nine has been whittled down to three. Below are the benefits and drawbacks of going with any of these three venues.

Concord Lanes – The Good

• In South St. Paul
    • approx. $21 per hour per lane
    • Potential for expansion into party/event space to use as a fursuit changing area
    • Next to a sports bar and grille with 16 taps
    • Public transport available at nearly all times

Concord Lanes – The Bad

• 20-minute walk from the nearest bus stop to the bowling alley
    • 3 stars on Yelp
    • Exact open bowling times are not listed on the website

New Hope Bowl – The Good

• Closest to the center of the metro
    • Potential for expansion into party/event space to use as a fursuit changing area
    • 4.5 stars on Yelp
    • Near a myriad of restaurant and food options nearby
    • Live updates on open bowling hours on their website

New Hope Bowl – The Bad

• 21+ to enter the bar area
    • No public transport on Sunday

Medina Entertainment Center – The Good

• Potential for expansion into multiple event spaces for use as a fursuit changing area
    • Next to a highly-rated restaurant and bar
    • Live updates on open bowling hours on their web site

Medina Entertainment Center – The Bad

• Most expensive location at $49 per hour per lane
    • No public transport
    • 3.5 stars on Yelp

I will leave a comment period until Friday and then decide on a venue based on the feedback that is given.

#57764 Quote

In South St. Paul

• approx. $21 per hour per lane
    • Next to a sports bar and grille with 16 taps
    • Public transport available at nearly all times

$21 per lane is nice and, in my opinion, bowling should not be scheduled longer than at least 2.5-3 hours.  Past experiences have shown me that most tend to get bored after 1.5-2 hours.  Then I have seen people (suiters and non) find something else to do.  Keeping the time frame under 3 hours will keep that cost below $100.

Fursuit changing and tote storage is nice and makes thing less complicated.  Be sure to get pricing if they do want any $ even if just changing and using for storage.  In the past I have been able to use them for free at the venues I’ve hosted bowling at.

Yes food is good and so are beverages!

Public transportation is nice and can assist in getting more to attendees to join who cannot drive or do not have a vehicle and limited to public transportation.

Concord Lanes – The Bad

• 20-minute walk from the nearest bus stop to the bowling alley
    • 3 stars on Yelp
    • Exact open bowling times are not listed on the website

From a public transportation perspective this may not be attractive for some who have items to carry.  However, car pooling is an option for potential attendees too.

What kind of reviews have been given on this venue?  Anything bad enough to not consider something here?  I will check on my own too at some point.

Just means one has to make a couple more phone calls than normal for exact dates and time frames.

New Hope Bowl – The Good

• Closest to the center of the metro
    • 4.5 stars on Yelp
    • Near a myriad of restaurant and food options nearby
    • Live updates on open bowling hours on their website

This is a good key thing here for being in the center of the cities.  This means it can/will be easier for others to get too from own or public transportation.

As stated above, always nice to have another space for changing and storage.

Always nice if people to not want to eat/drink at the restaurant inside venue (if it has one) and have options outside.

Live updates are nice and I hope they are kept up to date frequently.

New Hope Bowl – The Bad

• 21+ to enter the bar area
    • No public transport on Sunday

Does it just have a bar or a bar/grille situation?  Then people can get food/beverages at places outside the venue if the restaurant area does not satisfy.

This is not really a tricky one, but sometimes trivial.  Some potential attendees may work Friday night, Saturdays, or Sundays.  If you decide to try this venue first maybe do a separate thread to see availability from others in the community.

Okay so these are two I like out of the three you have listed and my input on each will be in bold text near the end.  I’ll try to keep things short and then if you have further input and/or questions then we can keep this going.

Thanks again!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Drake M..

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#57778 Quote
    A draft of the event post can be found here.
    #57779 Quote
    I will take a closer look at it later tonight.  Thanks again!

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#57780 Quote

A draft of the event post can be found here.

It reads simple and to the point.  You mention that it will run independently from MNFurs which is fine and you are more than welcome to advertise your event here in the Events sub-forum.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance or proof-reading on anything.  I wish you luck in all of this and if you do need assistance from me I will help where I can and run one or two if necessary in the future if you need a break,

Thanks again!

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.