Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Furries At Petco Fundraiser

Home Forums Events Furries At Petco Fundraiser

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Here is an opportunity for any Suiters that wish to participate to suit and help Petco raise money for their Tree of hope Fundraiser for local Dog and Cat adoption groups, the groups are Whisker Rescue and TLC K-9.

Where:  Petco Coon Rapids

When: Dec 1, 8, 15 and 22nd

Time: 11am-4pm

Looking for 2-5 Full Suiters per day if possible and ONE handler (The handler can be in a partial if they own one) Please contact me/reply here if you are interested and which Days you would be willing to show up for, the only things we are expected to do is be cute and hopefully help raise money for these adoption groups, there will be dogs and other pets passing by all suiters during the time you would be there, Changing room would be the break room at Petco or the restroom, Totes are proposed to be stored in the grooming back room.  The groomers are looking forward to seeing us there, let's give a good Turnout and have some fun!  If no volunteers are marked for a day then the event will not be held that day, Thanks!

This is an Outdoor event, there will be a bell that you can ring if you want, and feel free to bring props to interact with the customers. We will basically be “Bell ringers” with our own fun little twist to help raise money for the 2 groups listed above. Thanks to all who have responded so far we have you on the list.

EDIT EDIT EDIT!!!

Minor Update to where totes will be stored, they will either be stored in the break room or in the loading dock/Warehouse area in the back of the store, I am guessing this will depend on how many suiters we have showing up each Saturday.

There will be a sign in Sheet for those who help out with this event as I believe this should count towards volunteer hours for group members, I haven't had a chance to check for sure on that but I am covering that base to be on the safe side.

#8834 Quote
    Hey there, Uni !

I can be there December 1, 8, & the 22nd (15th I have family festivities).  This event intrigued me when reading it and I am very much interested in being a handler.  I sent you a PM as well.

Thanks Uni !

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#8836 Quote
    Heya! I'd love to be a part of this. As of now I can say I will be there the 15th in fullsuit! I may also possibly be able to do the weekend after, but we'll have to play that by ear. =)
    #8838 Quote
    Sooo only open to fullsuiters then?
    #8839 Quote
    I can help out as a handler and answer questions on the 8th and the 15th.  Maybe the 22nd. Sadly I can't make the 1st…

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#8846 Quote
    Kelsier said:

Sooo only open to fullsuiters then?

Well prefer full suiters but you are welcome to come out with your partial and suit to help with the fundraiser if you like, I am not completely discouraging partial suiters but since people will be outside most of the time i thought a full suiter might be a little warmer was all.  🙂 

#8850 Quote
    gonna check my schedule and get back to ya, probably will be a handler, either in partial or just wearing my tail and normal clothes
    #8853 Quote
    Uni: So myself, Yarrick, and Skystrider are interested in being handlers. How do you want organize this so everyone gets a chance?

I am flexible, but will be available for the full five hours all days except for the 15th. If we need to do shifts I can help you organize that.  I only bring it up this way because if we have more then one person interested on a specific date, then maybe one can come in and then swap out later.  May need to possibly talk to the Petco owner/manager or whoever you spoke to in organizing this event?

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#8868 Quote
    DrakeM said:

Uni: So myself, Yarrick, and Skystrider are interested in being handlers. How do you want organize this so everyone gets a chance?

I am flexible, but will be available for the full five hours all days except for the 15th. If we need to do shifts I can help you organize that.  I only bring it up this way because if we have more then one person interested on a specific date, then maybe one can come in and then swap out later.  May need to possibly talk to the Petco owner/manager or whoever you spoke to in organizing this event?

~ Drake M.

Ok since we only need one handler and we have already had 2 people offer to take that position that is all we will really need, As it stands you and Yarrick were first to speak up and volunteer so it would make sense that you 2 should be the ones to cover things, since there is one day that you can't cover and Yarrick can cover this works out well, especially since Shadow won't be suiting for this event as it is for her workplace and she will be watching the money and answering questions as needed for the customers, so if it is needed she can also help get suiters out of the way to warm up or to a restroom.  🙂 I am not out to be mean to people here but we don't need more handlers than suiters on scene and too many people out of suit will detract from the effect of the suiters and since we are looking for a max of 5 suiters one handler will be more than enough, if we get more than that on one day I hope I get a heads up so things can be shifted as needed.

#8869 Quote
    Hopefully we can get more suiters showing up for the 1st but i know this was kind of short notice so little time to prepare and i don't want to be just the only one showing up to do this event as I know i am not the most exciting suiter in this group, so please do come out on the 1st if you can to make the entertainment value improve and hopefully we can help out petco with their fundraiser this year, with luck maybe we will be invited back next year for this event.  🙂 Please keep me updated on who is coming and on what days right now we only have one other suiter and that is for the 15th, could use others for the other remaining days as I hope this to be a success as much as possible.  🙂 
    #8870 Quote
    Jacek said:

Heya! I'd love to be a part of this. As of now I can say I will be there the 15th in fullsuit! I may also possibly be able to do the weekend after, but we'll have to play that by ear. =)

Great looking forward to seeing you there.  🙂 

#8871 Quote
    Uni! I certainly don't want you to be suiting alone for this event!  If you'll have me I can suit for 1,8, 22.  and As the 15 comes up we'll see :3
    #8872 Quote
    Uni, I have a folder of the MNFurs sign-in sheets.  I will bring some in for Saturday and the other days I attend.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#8873 Quote
    Kelsier said:

Uni! I certainly don't want you to be suiting alone for this event!  If you'll have me I can suit for 1,8, 22.  and As the 15 comes up we'll see :3

Great, I won't be alone!  Yay!!  🙂 Will see you there, I trust you know where the petco is located?  🙂 

#8875 Quote
    Up in Coon rapids?  Absolutely no clue xDD  I'll end up gpsing it haha
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.