Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

MNFurs Holiday Party

Home Forums Events MNFurs Holiday Party

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Hello MNFurs community!

The month of December is a time where the snow falls thick. A time where we are in the holiday spirits and getting ready to plan our Christmas lists. It is also a time where we are thinking of the fun festivities with family and friends whether in town or out.

Save the date everybody as we want to welcome everyone to the MNFurs Holiday Party. This is a time for us to get together to socialize, eat good food, play games, be around good company, and spread the holiday joy. What a fun way to kick off the month! =)

This is a pot luck-style event, so bring your own home made food items and holiday treats. As a note to everyone, the event starts around the dinner hours…It will be nice to have a good balance between the items coming in. I plan to keep a list of things being brought in…If something is requested to help with that balance, I will post here.

The party is also fursuit-friendly so feel free to be your character with a fun holiday costume.

Other fun activities will be held as well and is listed below. If YOU have any ideas for fun activities, fire away and I will see what I can do!

All other additional details are below. Please do not hesitate to ask questions if any arise.  Everyone plan your trip accordingly!  =)

DATE: December 6, 2013

TIME FRAME: 5:00p – 12:00a

LOCATION: GPS Center (Red Waterbury building when driving by it from Broadway Ave)

ADDRESS: 1121 Jackson St NE Minneapolis, MN 55413

ROOM: 107

PARKING: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aotwcr6pqhs0z1d/GPS_Parking.JPG

COST: FREE – donations are much appreciated to help cover costs of the room (ex. $5 or more)

WHAT TO BRING: Yourself, other community members, food, beverages, fursuits, holiday-style costumes

FOOD: Pot luck – home made food items (ex. entrees, vegetable/fruit, desert) – POST WHAT YOU ARE BRINGING

BEVERAGES: BRING YOUR OWN – Alcohol is NOT allowed

FURSUIT FRIENDLY?: YES

FURSUIT CHANGING:  Restroom or in a corner of our room that is by your tote and out of the way of everyone else

LANDING PAGE INFO: https://www.mnfurs.org/MNFurs_Talk/ai1ec_event/mnfurs-holiday-party-gps/?instance_id=6088

SCHEDULE:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2gelvm6pw8ljd7/Schedule.pdf

RULES: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tiqnmj7tsyrg6d5/Rules.pdf

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: Pre-event setup + post-event tear down – ZEPAW

FUN ACTIVITIES:

– Dirty Santa gift exchange – ARASHIIN

– Decorate Christmas tree

– Holiday group photo

– Holiday photoshoot – YARRICK + TEK

REMINDERS:

– Please post what food items you are bringing

– Our room has no kitchen and only a pizza oven…Please bring items that do not need to be cooked.

– The key for the restroom will be on me at all times.  Please find me if you need it and then return it back to me when you are done.

– Volunteers assisting at the party will be asked to fill out a MNFurs sign-in sheet.  This is to keep track of your volunteer hours towards MNFurs.  Once you hit 20 you will be eligible  to vote in the upcoming elections

~ Drake M.

• This topic was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by Drake M..

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#12362 Quote
    Yay…Friday…5pm…RUSH HOUR DRIVING :C.
    #12364 Quote

@Pepper said:

Then just leave later.. or earlier.. 

#12371 Quote
    This would only be a 1 & 1/2 hour drive for me, and it looks like a straight shot. Now me going to this party depends on two things, One if i have to work that day/if i’ll be free. Two if my parents will allow me to go (as in i still need their permission due to being only 17). Otherwise if I’m free and I am allowed to go count me there.

I’ll post at a nearer date to the event weather or not i will be attending.

#12372 Quote
    Sounds good Monsoon!

This event is still a month out, but I wanted to get the post up to get everyone thinking about it.

Let me know if anything else comes up.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#12381 Quote

@Kelsier said:

@Pepper said:

Then just leave later.. or earlier.. 

Buh…

#12412 Quote
    Hello everyone!

I have begun to make some updates to the main post of the Holiday Party thread.  These updates include a section for fun activities and volunteer opportunities.  For volunteering, I will be talking with Zepaw in the searching of said volunteers.

Please review the first post often and please let me know if questions arise as the month continues on.

Thanks!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#12413 Quote
    What is the size of the room we’re getting?

I used

the whole page

for this!

#12415 Quote

@norm said:
    What is the size of the room we’re getting?

From what I remember, it’s a theater-style room with seating being similar and can fit a a very high amount of people.

I have never seen this room with my own eyes yet…I am going by what I heard when it was reserved by a board member.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#12416 Quote
    From my off hand knowledge department –

Member of Minnesota Furs a 501c3 Non Profit, former Convention Chairman for Furry Migration, volunteer, and always doings lots of other stuff.

Feel free to ask questions because I'm here for you!
    Kurst "YipYap" Hyperyote

#12418 Quote
    Kurst, thank you for the extra information for clarification.

In other news, I have confirmed that the Dirty Santa gift exchange will be happening for the party.  This will be lead by Arashiin who also did this at last year’s party.

I have updated the activities list.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#14319 Quote
    Hello again everyone!

As the month of November continues on, it will be fun to hear what people are planning on bringing for food items, holiday outfits with/without your fursuit, etc.

Arashiin will have a post up soon explaining the gift exchange fun during the party.

I have spoken with Zepaw on some volunteer opportunities I have listed in my first post.

Once I get some questions answered from GPS, I will have a Dropbox link posted with my rules for the party.

Thanks everyone!

~ Drake M.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by Drake M..

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#14389 Quote
    I’m thinking meatballs in gravy will warm everyfur’s belly; some plates and knives and whatnot too.  Oh, and a dirty santa gift you just can’t live without!

Matthew Marshall

Wolfy Computing

http://ayeplus.ppypwr1.com

#14406 Quote
    Alrighty then!

So I’m planning on doing my Dirty Santa game again this year, citing the popularity of last year’s where we had over 30 people playing!  This is a fun, quick little game that’s easy to play, and tons of laughs.

Requirements to participate:
    Bring 1 gift, valued $5-10 to put under the tree.  Gift must be wrapped, but can be in any sue box or bag you desire.  The idea is to have an attractive package, but not give away any clues as to what it might be.

How to play:
    We begin by drawing numbers, and we go in order of first to last number.  The first person goes up and picks out a gift to unwrap, showing it off to everyone else.  From here, the next person has the choice to either steal the present the first person chose, or go pick out a different present.   If they stole a present, the person it was stolen from goes to pick out a new present. 

The game continues like this until all presents have been unwrapped.

Don’t get too attached to a present if you like it!  The same present might trade hands a number of times throughout the night, and in highly recommend bringing something funny, comedic, or even a bit suggestive.  Unisex presents are best, and there’s no law against trading post-game if others are wiling to do so.

I’m looking forward to this being fun, and having a lot more participants this year!  I’ll be running it at the party, so if you bring a present for the game, do let me know so I can give you a number.

See you all there!

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by Arashiin.
    #17797 Quote
    Hello everyone, here are some of the next updates and inquiries…

Our room has no kitchen so no one will be able to cook anything…It does, however, have a pizza oven unit. If used, we need to make sure it’s cleaned after use and put back in its original place. For anything needing to be prepared and cooked ahead of time, please do so in your own home. Crock pots and other portable cooking devices should be fine…I am also going to recommend that people bring their own utensils as well.

PLEASE REMEMBER WHAT ITEMS YOU BRING IN AND TAKE THEM WITH YOU WHEN YOU LEAVE !

For members bringing fursuits and wanting to change, the bathroom is widely available…I know some do not prefer a restroom for sanitary purposes, but it’s available to us. The restrooms require a key card to get in and I will have that on me during the duration of the event. I am sure some may just change in a corner in our room and I do not see that being an issue at this time…

I am currently in the process of getting up a Dropbox share to the event rules and will have a small schedule up soon as well.

QUESTION: Does anyone attending have a couple power strips and extension cables that can be utilized during the event?

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.