Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

MNFurs Midwinter Party [OLD THREAD]

Home Forums Events MNFurs Midwinter Party [OLD THREAD]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    When I return to the metro this weekend I am going to work hard on finding a place to hold a New Year’s MNFurs event. This will either be held the weekend before New Year’s Eve or the weekend after.  If it is the weekend after, then it will be more of a post-New Year’s celebration.  I do plan on finding a place where there is a small kitchen area that we can utilize.

I want to get the community involved and ask what would ALL OF YOU like to do at this event?  What types of activities would you find fun and so on (one activity I can think of is charades).  I also plan to have this similar to the holiday party where I will ask community members to bring in homemade goodies.  =)

Throw your ideas out there!  Let’s hear 'em and I will do my best to make it happen!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#8882 Quote
    Furry Pictionary. =p

Cookie/baking exchange (or competition). Might not work well though when in conjunction with asking people to bring foodstuffs potluck style.

#8883 Quote
    Zepaw said:

Furry Pictionary. =p

Cookie/baking exchange (or competition). Might not work well though when in conjunction with asking people to bring foodstuffs potluck style.

I really like the furry pictionary as that can get everyone involved.  The competition aspect of cooking and baking is interesting, but I am not sure about that one yet.  =)

Let's hear some more ideas!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#8893 Quote
    Catchphrase is also another good group-type game! 
    #8897 Quote
    Oaose said:

Catchphrase is also another good group-type game! 

Noted.  Thank you, Oaose!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#8941 Quote
    so many eveeeents :O
    #9044 Quote
    Just to keep everyone updated, I am playing around with a new weekend on this one…

I am thinking of the first weekend of January.  I am hoping for Saturday, but I remembered that there is a bi-week meet that evening…I am going to try to work around that…Or if I do Friday, I am thinking a 5:00 – midnight.  Sunday is a MAYBE, but I sometimes stay away from Sunday’s for events. 

Right now this is all still up in the air and is being planned.  Once set there will be an official event posting on the Home page. 

Thanks!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#9059 Quote
    NOOOO don't do Friday.  I can't go if it's Friday!  Do Sunday or Saturday!
    #9060 Quote
    Sunday would not be a good day for me in any instance as i have to be up at 6am on Mondays for work, a Friday I would just arrive late since i don't get done with work until 5pm normally, Saturday would be ok, but I agree with the Bi-Weekly Meet being a possible problem, but maybe some would like that as an alternative to the bi-Weekly instead of going to that they would go to the party instead?

Keep working on it and we all will see what you end up doing.  🙂 

#9061 Quote
    Yep yep. =)

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#9062 Quote
    Unico said:

Sunday would not be a good day for me in any instance as i have to be up at 6am on Mondays for work, a Friday I would just arrive late since i don't get done with work until 5pm normally, Saturday would be ok, but I agree with the Bi-Weekly Meet being a possible problem, but maybe some would like that as an alternative to the bi-Weekly instead of going to that they would go to the party instead?

Keep working on it and we all will see what you end up doing.  🙂 

alternative! ^^

#9077 Quote
    What part of the metro would this be in?
    #9079 Quote
    It will be central Minneapolis off Hwy 100 at North Commons Park.

Though I am probably going to delay it again now as the weekend I want to have it is having time conflicts.  I will keep everyone posted on this of course.  =)

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#9104 Quote
    New and hopefully final date change…Now planning on the 19th of January and it will be just more of a winter gathering…May take the New Year’s theme out of the equation since it is at a much more later date, but we’ll see.

Last unofficial update ’till the announcement appears.
    ~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#9105 Quote
    DrakeM said:

New and hopefully final date change…Now planning on the 19th of January and it will be just more of a winter gathering…May take the New Year's theme out of the equation since it is at a much more later date, but we'll see.

Last unofficial update 'till the announcement appears.
    ~ Drake M.

YAY! Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.