Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

MNFurs Midwinter Party [OLD THREAD]

Home Forums Events MNFurs Midwinter Party [OLD THREAD]

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)
  • Author

@Drake M. said:
    Here is the latest update on the MNFurs event I am planning…

– 2013 MNFurs Midwinter Party –

LOCATION: N. Commons Park Community Center –> 1801 North James Ave. Minneapolis, MN 55411

Please RSVP in this thread if you are attending.  If you think you can attend you can RSVP, but if something comes up, simply post here.  =)

MEMBERS ATTENDING: Lego Fox, Zepaw, Kelsier, Queuethulu, Sike, Little Racscle, NorFox, Pepper, Ski Sharp, Skystrider, Seth Colm, Caltsar, Axle Sanders, Eratosthenes, Snap Cat, Thor, Neevi Panda [RRVF], Feral~Rignasty [RRVF]

NOTICE: Alcohol is NOT allowed (COMMUNITY CENTER RULES)

I am shooting for February 17 which is a Sunday.  Yes, I know Sunday’s are tough for some members, but it’s the only day on the weekend that is more open to times…Was told that every Saturday there are other groups there and to get our event squeezed in we would only be able to be there for about 3-4 hours…Personally that is not a lot of time in my opinion. 

For a time frame I am looking at 3:00p – 9:00.  There is a group before 3:00 so I can show up slightly early so I can get some pre-prep tasks done quickly.

I have a multi-purpose room and a separate kitchen reserved.  The kitchen includes a couple microwaves, two oven/stove units, and cleanup area.  The room itself is very spacious so we have lots of room to play with.  The room has many wall outlets so members might want to bring power strips if bringing items like a crock-pot, etc…I will get some links to pics of the place up soon so all can view.

For members bringing their fursuits…Since we are going to be the only group at the community center after 3:00, I am just going to suggest bathrooms for changing.  Once changed, members can just store their plastic totes, bags, etc in a corner of the multi-purpose room.

This event is going to be similar to the holiday party at the GPS Center.  I am encouraging members to bring their own home made food and treats to share.  I do have an artist making badges so members can partake in that as well.  I am also planning some games that everyone, fur suiters included, can get in on and enjoy.  One idea I have is charades, someone mentioned catch phrase, Zepaw mentioned furry Pictionary, and Zen mentioned fursuit limbo which sounds fun…Kelsier also mentioned fursuit ninja…I need more info on that.

Parking is FREE and the lot is big enough to fit 20-25 cars.  There is also parking on the street alongside the community center and I did not see any signs indicating that you are limited to parking times.  Below is a link to a Google Maps shot.  Everything colored and marked accordingly with text.  The yellow star is the entrance to the comm center…

I have a co-lead for my event already, but I may ask for some assistance towards the end as we will need to clean up the room and kitchen area.  I am thinking 2-3 members at the most…One already spoke up earlier (Lego Fox – if attending) so I appreciate you stepping up to help.  Time spent helping will go towards your 20 in volunteer hours.  Those details will be discussed and ironed out with the Volunteers lead afterwards.

Please feel free to share anything as far as game ideas, food, etc…Hopefully I didn’t miss any other details.  I hope lots of members can attend and invite extended to the RRVF group and MONFurs group.

~ Drake M.

i am going

#9464 Quote
    A couple of questions for those attending…

– Does anyone have a long stick that we can use for fursuit limbo?  If not I will see if I have a long broom stick…Which I should

– Furry Pictionary was mention, so does anyone have the entire Pictionary game with the big drawing pad and stand for it?

I literally have no games at my house…Just a single deck of plain cards.

REMINDER: I make changes periodically to the main post on page 2 with all the info.  Be sure to check often!

Thank you!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#9474 Quote
    I should be able to be there. Count me in.
    #9476 Quote
    Seems somewhere along the lines me and Shadow got missed in attendance for this event, No Biggie mind you but figured i would remention we would be there (Just not for the whole thing as we both have to work the next day) But should be interesting, just need to program it into my GPS so we get there.
    #9483 Quote
    Fenris – excellent !

Uni – Oops, sorry about that.  I remember you telling me, but forgot to add you two.  I will update the RSVP list sometime this morning.  =)

A new game idea came up last night while at Snap’s.  What does everyone think of playing some musical chairs?  =)

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#9484 Quote
    I shall be there, I don’t believe I have anything else going on.
    #9485 Quote

@Shiroi Ashi said:
    I shall be there, I don’t believe I have anything else going on.

Excellent!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

#9486 Quote
    Musical chairs would be an outstanding idea.  Granted no one gets hurt in the process xD
    #9487 Quote
    Yeah, but we will make it work.  This place has plenty of those foldout metal chairs.

Been doing a lot of thinking and I might ex-nay catch phrase…Limbo, musical chairs, and furry Pictionary sound more appealing…I hope others share their own input too if members want to.

Btw, Kels…What is fursuit ninja again?  I remember you mentioned that to me and…I don’t know what it is…Lol

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

#9489 Quote
    Since I do not wish to explain it.. here!  have a wiki link :D http://www.wikihow.com/Play-Ninja
    #9490 Quote

@Kelsier said:
    Since I do not wish to explain it.. here!  have a wiki link :D http://www.wikihow.com/Play-Ninja

This made me chuckle quite a bit when reviewing.  This is definitely something that we could do, though any toys resembling any type of weapon is not allowed.  We could use, for example, Unico’s carrot or any other soft or plush-like toys as “weapons”  =p

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

#9491 Quote
    But that’s the thing!  you don’t have weapons.  just your hands!
    #9492 Quote

@Kelsier said:
    But that’s the thing!  you don’t have weapons.  just your hands!

Right right…This is doable though and will be fun.  =)

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

#9494 Quote
    All the musical chairs reminds me of is at MFF where NO ONE actually played fair xD Lots of cheaters.

Wut o.o

Im Sike AND Banana

#9495 Quote

@Sike said:
    All the musical chairs reminds me of is at MFF where NO ONE actually played fair xD Lots of cheaters.

Much smaller group so it should be more layed back.  =p

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.