Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Seeking Volunteers for Detour Room Party (Hosted by MNFurs)

Home Forums Discussion Around Past MNFurs Events And Picnics Anime Detour 2014 Seeking Volunteers for Detour Room Party (Hosted by MNFurs)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    If anyone is planning on going to Anime Detour 2014 and have nothing to do on Friday & Saturday, come check out this group page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1410566309166715/ We are looking for volunteers to help out for a few hours to serve and entertain guests with humorous jokes, life stories, and helpful advice. You can be cosplaying, fursuiting, or non of the above and still fit the criteria. If you still have questions, message me and I will respond as soon as I can.

There is a deadline to give me your response; November 25th, 2013. If I don’t hear enough responses, this will fall through. But MNFurs is hoping you guys can help.

Also, check out the anime “Polar Bear Cafe” on crunchyroll.com before Detour. It’s a really good show that makes you smile, cry, and squirt juice out your eye. LOL

• This topic was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by ThePoetryNinja. Reason: Could Not Read Text and Wrong Place for Topic
    • This topic was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by Kurst Hyperyote. Reason: Deleted the size elements so i can read it
    • This topic was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by Kurst Hyperyote. Reason: Now deleting fonts
    • This topic was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by Kurst Hyperyote.
    • This topic was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by Kurst Hyperyote.

Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Till your good is better, and your better is the best.

Poetry is power.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

#16382 Quote
    As I posted on FB I’ll join in
    #16385 Quote
    I would love to help out as well.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#16493 Quote
    As I mentioned at the meet I can do either suiting or anything else.

But as a group we haven’t said yes or no to hosting this room party for Anime Detour. If anyone else have any suggestions or ideas for a room party at Anime Detour please let us know.

Member of Minnesota Furs a 501c3 Non Profit, former Convention Chairman for Furry Migration, volunteer, and always doings lots of other stuff.

Feel free to ask questions because I'm here for you!
    Kurst "YipYap" Hyperyote

#16760 Quote
    From what I’ve seen the talk between Flip and Andy (PoetryNinja) about doing this potential collaboration has been going on for a couple months or more. It hasn’t really been brought up with the group as a whole but I’m all for us being behind this party with him. Polar Bear’s Cafe is all too fitting an anime for us to take on. Aside from that I like the idea I don’t have any better ones. =p
    #19397 Quote

From what I’ve seen the talk between Flip and Andy (PoetryNinja) about doing this potential collaboration has been going on for a couple months or more. It hasn’t really been brought up with the group as a whole but I’m all for us being behind this party with him. Polar Bear’s Cafe is all too fitting an anime for us to take on. Aside from that I like the idea I don’t have any better ones. =p

As you stated – this proposal hasn’t come up in meetings yet.  We have talked in general about Anime Detour as something that would be great to do again but have not formally discussed or approved any direction for it.  Thus – as it stands right now we are looking for any proposals for Anime Detour and MNFurs do not have a room party planned and we are not formally collaborating with anyone for Anime Detour at this moment.

Again not trying to put any “cold water” on this – in-fact from what I heard personal I think it would be a cool party and I would be willing to volunteer for it – anyone should reach out if they are interested in it.  It’s just there is a line has to be made to make sure people know that the group hasn’t said yes or no to it.

Member of Minnesota Furs a 501c3 Non Profit, former Convention Chairman for Furry Migration, volunteer, and always doings lots of other stuff.

Feel free to ask questions because I'm here for you!
    Kurst "YipYap" Hyperyote

#19556 Quote
    So how do we go about having this discussion? People are welcome to post here but no one has yet. Andy is trying to get his idea rolling now so we really should get our options figured out sooner rather than later (and since reg will fill all too soon). Would have been so much simpler if the topic hadnt needed to be glossed over at the community forum.
    • This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by Zepaw.
    #19566 Quote
    The first thing in planning an event as part of MNFurs should be to submit the event through the event submission form on this site. It lets the volunteers, event runners, and board know of someone’s plan to run something like this; especially on a scale that this would be. It sounds pretty cool! But I know there would want to be double-checks with those running it from event staff and the board, especially with such a big con as Anime Detour, and confirm this is okay with them, and that it’s what we want the MNFurs group to be doing. That would certainly get the dialog off the ground, and the event submission form was intended as a way for the community to say “I have an idea, I’d like to run it as part of MNFurs, let’s do it!” Never had to be a complete idea! That’s where event runners and all can step in and help. 🙂

TL;DR: The event submission form is by far the best way to get this dialog started.

#19567 Quote
    The whole trouble seems to be that this idea wasn’t brought to the group while it was forming. As he has ran the room before Flip seems to have taken on finding what we are doing this year on himself thus why this idea with Andy/PoetryNinja has seemingly come out of nowhere.

Now that we’ve ended up in this situation what’s the best step forward from here? Do we try to solicit more ideas? Had we the luxury of more time and didn’t have this fine option already that’d be a plan but unless we found a viable option the next couple weeks we’d be setting up for trouble.

Not sure if Andy is actively watching the thread so I’ll poke him on Facebook about event submission procedures.

#19572 Quote
    I like Ridayah’s suggestion…This will at least get some ideas started and then further discussion(s) can be had.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#19636 Quote
    Okay I tried to do the event submission and it just confused me…. but we could do a movie room and play differnt furry oriented movies :3
    #19641 Quote
    Rina, what confused you when filling out the event submission?

Per our conversation offline, if you have any further ideas other than your current post, send an e-mail to [email protected] =)

There is no need to fill out an event submission…Once something is final, then we will get an event submission going from ‘X’ person.

~ Drake M.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by Drake M..

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#20934 Quote
    Hmm, a room party having to do with Polar Bear Cafe, what is not to like?

This is perfect! I was planning to cosplay as Grizzly-San anyways. : )

#21256 Quote
    I’ve submitted event. more specifics soon as we hammer them out but reminder to all else interested in helping to register soon as register cap is already at 70%..yikes! do so by new years or you may not get in.
    #21258 Quote
    I think I’ll take one of those volunteer slots in there, be it headless lounge or what not.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.