Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Seeking Volunteers for Detour Room Party (Hosted by MNFurs)

Home Forums Discussion Around Past MNFurs Events And Picnics Anime Detour 2014 Seeking Volunteers for Detour Room Party (Hosted by MNFurs)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    I would love to volunteer but unfortunately I can’t commit to helping. With the way work is (they have enough people wanting to go to Detour that we have to work out amongst ourselves who is staying and who is off for the weekend) I might have to back out at the last minute. If I go, then I’d be more than happy to volunteer, but that’s a big “if”.
    #21263 Quote
    I am on the fence with AD in general now…Registration cap is already at 70% and I am watching finances right now.

If I go, then I can be a last resort for assistance, if I don’t go, then I hope everything runs okay and is successful.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#21268 Quote
    I’d be interested in suiting with the mobile con suite, and maybe other things.
    #21269 Quote
    Will be attending AD, but undetermined what I’ll be doing yet if anything thus far.  Will play it by ear.  In year’s past I mostly babysat the lounge, but that’s not really a necessary position.. just need people to periodically check in on it and make sure things aren’t being broken, fans are working, and water is plentiful.   Might possibly just hang around the photography stuff and help there as needed… but anyway, I’ll think about stuff in time… which we still have plenty of.
    #21270 Quote
    I registered for Anime Detour and will be volunteer/staff there for Photography. Not sure what kind of time I am going to have outside of that; and I hope to be able to do some wandering photography as well.

I’ll poke my head in at the room party if I have time. We’ll see what happens 🙂

-- MNFurs Photography Head--

Want a Photographer at an event? Want to help out with Photography at an event? PM me!

#21334 Quote
    Some more information as the holidays wrap up:

1: Seriously, if you think you might go, register now! Online registration is at 72%…they have a habit of closing online at 90% so they can make sure all their mail in registrations have a chance to clear the mail delay. So for all purposes, AD is now 82% and raising by the day as everyone turns Christmas money into registrations.

2: Polar Bear Cafe is theme this year. Refer to Anime Thread for details on this particular series which has become sort of a cult hit in japan (small but fanatical audience). The main reason for this is to change things up and bring furry a little bit back to anime side. It also gives us a chance to test some ideas about furry migration con suite food/drink possibilities. Most importantly, It gives MNFfurs a chance to actually sit down and talk with anime fans about the two groups in a more relaxed atmosphere.

3: Furry migration focus. As above, we get to promote to an already convention going crowd about our own convention. It will benefit both groups with a little “cross pollination” for convention goers of both groups to see and contribute to the other local conventions. may this be staff, talent, ideas, and input. Just like Mecha and cyber tech now permeate science fiction and anime genres to the point where movies like Pacific Rim blur the line, anime and furry are now doing the same thing. Having some of these fans attend will help group grow, gain more mainstream acceptance, and add to the growing ideas of how to appreciate the past time/lifestyle.

Specifics on implementation on next post

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by Procyon.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Kurst Hyperyote.
    #21337 Quote
    I’m registered, and will be able to help -some-.  Exactly what is up in the air as I’ll be watching Tanner, but certainly will be something!
    #21338 Quote
    Per our brief conversation last night, I will see how everything goes next month financially and then decide.

Hopefully I can still get in before the cap is full…

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#21339 Quote
    Because we’re changing it up I don’t know what may or may not be needed.  Per usual I have those steel chairs if we are hitting another brainless lounge 😉
    #21387 Quote
    I am now registered with AD and am also staffing.

When I am not on a shift, I can help if/when I am needed at whatever capacity…Hoping I can help with the Roving cart again.  =)

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

#21394 Quote

Because we’re changing it up I don’t know what may or may not be needed. Per usual I have those steel chairs if we are hitting another brainless lounge ;)

It would be nice to have someone who could process paper registrations for FM and answer some general hotel questions as you now have firm idea of layout of place.

#21395 Quote
    More info:

We INTEND to have 2 room format we had last year. It will have main room party room for 2 days and a “support room” for 4 days. The support room is for primary volunteers and be split cost wise amongst people in the room. It will have 2 beds for 2 days and 4 beds on the days we take them from main room party room. The room party room will be supported from Mnfurs and/or FM if all goes through on budget end, pending final board decision.

Although we have fursuit lounge, it may not be in same place. we are discussing with AD and it may be part of the roving consuite aspect. Again, final room arrangement is dependent on offers and obligations from AD end. If all goes to plan, the plus thing here is the roving consuite help (for both suiters and handlers) will definitely count towards both MNfurs and AD volunteer hours.
    Again, more soon.

The main room party is going to focus on relaxing, atmosphere, education, pimping FM convention and upcoming MNFurs events while sipping/serving cafe style drinks.

#21406 Quote
    So I’m definitely going this year (work gave the “OK”), and I’ll most likely be throwing in a few hours here and there for volunteering.

#21431 Quote
    *The main room party is going to focus on relaxing, atmosphere, education, pimping FM convention and upcoming MNFurs events while sipping/serving cafe style drinks.*

Those who can have a welcoming and social demeanor will be crucial, avoid the lecture classroom feel. =)

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by Twisted.
    #21433 Quote
    Flip – I can answer hotel questions where I can when available.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.