Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Seeking Volunteers for Detour Room Party (Hosted by MNFurs)

Home Forums Discussion Around Past MNFurs Events And Picnics Anime Detour 2014 Seeking Volunteers for Detour Room Party (Hosted by MNFurs)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    I think you’ll want to slot me in for the front end, as fur suiter and/or non-fursuiter.  I’m good either way.  But one thing is that we should focus on service first and entertainment.  Keep the FM stuff out there, but a classroom lecturing for a cafe is the last thing we need there, because the first thing we are is a cafe to outsiders.

But all in all put me down for some front end work.  And put me down for the roving consuite again!

#21601 Quote
    Okay more info as i just got back with Michelle Clark and parties:

We are confirmed with room party, but we might not be in room 210 because cabana rooms may be re-assigned certain logistical functions for the convention. I will have update on final room placement by end of month.

I know many people are trying to get their own rooms for convention. If you are unable to get a room, remember there is space in the support room during the convention proper. Come chat after the 14th after the likely filling of room block.

The room itself has several possible configurations.
    We have to some idea of the basics:

1: All the beds from party room will be in support room. The space will be used for 2 tables with 8 chairs each.
    2: We know will have a fursuit lounge, kitchen area, furry migration registration area, storage area for the people the luggage/suit storage of people in support room. We have do have 2 rooms, with 2 bathrooms and 2 balcony’s, so mixing and matching what goes where is a real possibility.
    3: We ARE running Anime detours hospitality roving consuite. This dinner and a show with fursuiters idea experimented last year was very well appreciated by the department heads that had a hard time leaving their areas to get food and/or socializing. Video gaming, mainstage and art show were all very appreciative. Zeepaw and Business fox are leading this so anyone wanting to help them out feel free to chat with them for more specifics.
    4:We will be running a fursuit lounge: anyone who is interested in assembling and maintaining fans and securing this space should contact me. If someone wants to head this operation, please step forward as I really should hand this off to someone so I can be available to manage room party aspect.
    5:The cafe. We will need volunteers who willing to do one of 3 jobs:
    1: Socialize: Open and articulate people who can talk about the Polar Bear Cafe (if if just familiar with bio i put up), furries, MNFurs, and our upcoming convention
    2: Serving: getting ideas for drinks and acting as go between for the socialize people and kitchen staff.
    3: Kitchen: making drinks and/or the occasional food item. talk to Arashin about more specifics about this or ideas you have if you want to help out.

It has been brought to my attention that suits and food/drinks do not mix. I get this. But we can also use props to do the same, or just have suiters in hallways while helping out roving consuite cart acting like servers handing out flyers to visit room. Possibilities to serve drinks while getting near actual food/drink is still quite expansive. And if any suiter is confident to carry a tray of drinks or food for people, all the better. This can all be discussed here.

More details to be posted after room registration results and AD meeting on January 18th.

#21602 Quote
    I’m confused. By drinks do you mean alcoholic drinks?
    #21603 Quote

Nope.

#21604 Quote

Little_Rascle wrote:

Non-alcoholic…Last year we did not have alcohol near the room party which is a good thing.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#21609 Quote
    Okay, just wanted to make sure.
    #21684 Quote
    My bad: Cafe style drinks
    Arashin is already starting to put together a mini “barista” set up to do flavored teas, coffees, and “Shirley Temple” style soda drinks. Now there will NOT be a menu. Instead, the Servers do this through discussion. They find out what the person likes. At the same time, we use the same discussion to engage the person as possible member, possible attendee for convention, or just educate on what furries are as to demystify them and make them not so “scary and weird” in the public’s eyes.
    #21685 Quote
    I have no problem socializing with people by opening up about Polar Bear Cafe. I love that anime. <3

Also, Arashiin should definitely have a Cafe Mocha as a drink, considering it is like the signature drink.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by Streaks.
    #21717 Quote
    Question, Flip:  I’ve heard it rumbled that the socializers/servers should wear something akin to ears and tails.  Is this true?  Because if we’re looking at that, and I help out in that area, I’m gonna have to get some.
    #21727 Quote
    Updates:

We WILL be in room 210 and 209.

In the book, Room 210 will be listed as Polar Bear Cafe while room 209 will be listed as Cafe Staff lounge

210 will have no beds, 4 small tables, and the balcony will be the kitchen/barista area.

209 will be support room. If people did not get their own room during the AD room rush, we still have spot in this room as there are 4 beds available. The balcony of this room will be the fursuit lounge.

Why the change? I understand some suits are very expensive and the idea being near any possibly staining drink is bad. To get to lounge, enter the 210 room and then turn at the adjoining door as this will be open at all times and monitored by a furry migration reg person who will monitor a small reg station just the other side of this door (but still enough room to allow suiters by)

For Voluteers, please get a PM to Ridayah or comment here.
    We are looking for the 3 positions noted above during hours which party is opened:
    Kitchen/Barista
    Servers
    Socializers

People who wish to just make drinks and/or food, especially if they intend to help with consuite at Furry Migration. If you want to help but are shy, this may be a good place to be. Operationally you make drinks and place them on tray.
    Servers. This is best position if you are willing to serve with any level of furry costuming, even just ears and tails. You job is to invite people into the room, get them to sit down, and then “get them their drinks”…even if though they never give you and order. As Barista makes a set of drinks and places them on tray, you deliver tray to table. The main objective is to be interactive and look the part of a furry server and regulate traffic flow, which can be done in pantomime if needed.
    Socializers need to be our more gregarious and articulate individuals who know at least a little bit about the art, lifestyle, costuming, etc. of furry culture.

#22200 Quote
    I’d love to help out with anything I just found a ticket for detour so it’d be awesome if I could help!
    #22205 Quote
    I’m 95% sure this party doesn’t exist anymore.
    #22206 Quote
    Going to miss Friday of AD due to work training…Zepaw will have to take charge for that day at least…

Sometime soon we will be looking for suiters who want to participate in the Roving ConSuite (aka – hospitality cart).

More details in a separate post soon!

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

RETIRING JUNE 2024

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#22209 Quote

I’m 95% sure this party doesn’t exist anymore.

No it does. It’s gonna be scaled back but the idea is still in place and Flip still running it. Also nothing has changed for Roving Consuite, as Drake said people will be getting poked soon to see if they care to help.

#22212 Quote
    I’m sorry for lack of updates. Life getting the better of me.
    Here is what we need as I’ve outline of room equipment placement and staff.
    I’m now requesting from people if they can offer any of the following items:

For fursuite lounge:
    Stage curtain (can we get this from you grumble again and when is a good time to transfer that?)
    Furry migration banner
    MNfurs banner
    3 Box fans
    3 10 gallon pails
    1 power outlet

For Cafe:

1 power outlet
    4 “buffet tables”. These are the smaller than standard collapsible tables but we need to just hold drinks and these allows us more room to invite people in. Need a picture of what I’m talking about: http://www.target.com/p/folding-table-black-20-x-48/-/A-13896#prodSlot=medium_1_7&term=table
    16-20 folding chairs, they need not match, so any number from anywhere will do.
    Any art from anime series, especially from Polar bear cafe. If you are Socializer at a table, feel free to bring sketchbook, photo album, or whatever pg-13 furry stuff you want to show.
    Any disposable cups we can use for serving, Styrofoam and plastic will both be used.
    Coffee pot, electric teapot, hot water kettle, anything to provide us with hot water for drinks. We will take best of lot but offer what you have if you think it will be useful.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.