Hey, you should login or register!

Welcome to MNFurs, a local community site where fans of anthropomorphic animals and artists can gather to meet each other locally in the Twin Cities and surrounding area; forming friendships, meeting new people, educate others, and help out the local community. To access chat, forums, and the additional features of this site you must register for a free account or log in.

Seeking Volunteers for Detour Room Party (Hosted by MNFurs)

Home Forums Discussion Around Past MNFurs Events And Picnics Anime Detour 2014 Seeking Volunteers for Detour Room Party (Hosted by MNFurs)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author

MNfurs banner

Just so you know, I have the MNFurs banner stored in my house (from the Grande Day Parade).

I will make sure it makes it to AD prior to the official dates as I have to miss Friday…

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

MNFurs ~ 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization

#22214 Quote
    We still have room available in support room if people needs a place to crash for weekend. Be aware this is a semi-public room during day but we will be able to secure valuables. Plus side is you will be sleeping/able to change/shower in private bathroom in middle of convention, no waiting for elevators.
    Talk to me if interested. we have 3 in room so far but have 3 beds so still much availability.
    #22215 Quote
    Awesome, I will be onsite Thursday night so transfer then if nothing else. Confirm with quartermaster when transferred so he can update.
    #22216 Quote

Awesome, I will be onsite Thursday night so transfer then if nothing else. Confirm with quartermaster when transferred so he can update.

Roger…Will keep you posted.

~ Drake M.

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

MNFurs Events Department Co-Head - Events are the main driving factors of the organization.  Have an event you want brought to life?  Let us know!

MNFurs Photography Department Staff - Photography and capturing moments is what we do at our events for our community.  Let's chat about your photography needs!

Midwinter Frolic Staff ~ Photography - Midwinter Frolic is a fun winter camping event down at Whitewater State Park.  Attending and have some photography ideas?  Let's chat sometime!

Furry Migration Staff ~ Photography - A will be a wandering staff photographer at FM this year.  Want a photo or two or more?  I'll be around!

#22217 Quote
    Lastly: STAFF

As before, we have 3 positions, and several hours available.
    Reminder, all of these get MNFURS volunteer hours, get them out of the way for next years election.

I’ve gotten no replay so far so I suggest from here on out that people start posting and claiming potions and hours. You do not have to work entire shift but please schedule yourself in hour to hour blocks.
    (Example: I’ll be Barista from 7pm-8pm Friday is okay, but not 6:45 to 7:30)
    We have the following positions for 6pm to midnight Friday, and noon to midnight Saturday:
    Barista (making drinks)
    Server (serving and welcoming people into room, best for any suiters/cosplayers)
    Socializer (talking about who we are at table)

We also have a registration person for Furry Migration, talk to Twisted
    As well, we are helping with roving consuite at AD. This is huge as it is fursuite friendlily, give tons of attention and profile, and your get not only MNfurs hours but also AD volunteer hours. Good if you want access to their volunteer consuite (which has better food than normal consuite), get a t-shirt, or even vote for the ATC board of directors which runs AD. Get with Zeepaw if interested in this.

#22542 Quote
    Hey are there still volunteer hours open? If so what are they? I set up my schedule for Detour and have a some hours I can help out.
    #22571 Quote
    I can help out 8-9 on Saturday night as a Server. Do you need any help with setup and take down. If so what times?
    #22582 Quote
    I’m still interested I’ve had people approach me on FA and through E-Mail I’m just trying to figure out if any of my yes’ are going through.
    #22586 Quote
    Don’t worry we got your yes 🙂 we’re waiting until the con gets a bit closer to start scheduling.
    #22622 Quote
    Look to Wednesday as update day as I’ve freed them up in weeks coming up to convention.
    #22671 Quote
    Okay, going to break this up into 3 post:
    First, Hotel room asssingments.

We will have main party in room 210 Friday from 6pm-midnight, and Saturday from noon to Midnight.
    Set up will be 3pm-6pm Friday, tear down is from 9am to noon Sunday.

Support room and fur suit lounge is in room 209. This room is full with 4 occupants Thursday. We can still hold 3 people for both Friday and Saturday as there are 4 beds and only 5 occupants. it is 25$ per person per night as room cost split.
    Load in of equipment for room party, check in for hours volunteering, poster set up, and last minute adjustments will be done on Thursday from 6pm to 9pm.
    Hot tubbing and socializing to be done after prep work is done. see you there!

#22672 Quote
    Next: equipment:

We now have:
    12 chairs, seems enough
    1 fan
    1 stage curtain
    1 hot pot
    1 5 gallon bucket
    1 buffet table.

We still need:

2 fans
    more devices to ready hot water for drinks
    20-30 advertisement posters.
    2 5 gallon buckets
    2 buffet tables
    any wall posters and other pictures or swag from polar bear cafe.
    cups for serving
    trays for serving
    coffee or teas and flavorings

Just speak up if you have any of these

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by Procyon.
    #22674 Quote
    Still need people to fill out shifts:
    I have Ridayah and Rascal down, but no one else has approached.

I need:
    Server Delivering drinks and inviting people into room)
    Socializer (chatting about MN furs and who we are)
    Barista (making teas and coffees)

Also need someone to monitor fur suit lounge as well as roving con suite needs help.

#22677 Quote

roving con suite needs help.

We are starting to obtain a decent amount of suiters/handlers, but we could use a few more.  For attendees in our group that are still interested, please utilize the link below.  🙂

https://www.mnfurs.org/forums/topic/volunteers-needed-hospitality-cart-roving-consuite/

~ Drake M.

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by Drake M.. Reason: Found a typo

T H €  B | Z   F [] X

#22678 Quote

roving con suite needs help.

We are starting to obtain a decent amount of suiters/handlers, but we could use a few more. For attended that are still interested, please utilize the link below. :)

https://www.mnfurs.org/forums/topic/volunteers-needed-hospitality-cart-roving-consuite/

~ Drake M.

Yup, at this point we have enough to run it but if we get a few more we won’t need to ask people to take multiple shifts.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

People Who Like Thisx

People Who viewed ThisX

The RSVP Plus One is for one-time guests or guardians of the MNFurs member going to event.

If the Plus One is for an MNFurs member, they need to RSVP themselves.